I am posting this so anyone doing development for the S3 platform doesn't think they did something to break DHCP.

I initially used DHCP, suggested by tivo. My IP address kept changing. At first I thought my tivo or router had rebooted.

Happened too often. I checked. My tivo was set for DHCP but my router (FiOS Actiontech) thought tivo had a static address. I'm not sure what caused my tivo to obtain a new IP address but it wasn't a reboot. I solved my problem by just assigning a static address, outside the DHCP range. Probably should have done that first.

Again I didn't want anyone to think they may have broken something which doesn't work with a stock unit.