Thread: Is my situation stackable? Thanks

Is my situation stackable? Thanks

My house is sectioned into two halves with a few rooms on one end, living room in the middle, master bed on other end. All the coax cables come in the house at the end furthest from the master bedroom. I have one coax cable that runs to the master but i need an additional line for the dual connection on the DVR. Long story made short... running additional cable is not optional. Can i add an additional multiswitch to the one coax cable that runs into the master bed room? If so what type is recommended?

(SAT)
    | |
    | |
    [======Multiswitch======] (Zinwell 6x8 model# MS6X8WB-Z)
    | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | |
    | --Rooms--
    |
    |
    -=(Master b/r)=-
    |
    [=Add additional multiswitch?=]
    | |
    | |
    [DVR]

Thanks!
    Brian

Nope, need two coax cables for the multiswitch.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - a cigar in one hand - a Martini in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a ride!

1 HDVR2, 500 Gb, hacked, 6.3e
    1 R10 Prom Mod 500 Gb 6.3e
    1 HR20-100 Stock
    1 HR21-100 Stock

Thanks for the fast reply.

All multi-switches need two inputs? Aww that's not what i wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by used2could View Post
    My house is sectioned into two halves with a few rooms on one end, living room in the middle, master bed on other end. All the coax cables come in the house at the end furthest from the master bedroom. I have one coax cable that runs to the master but i need an additional line for the dual connection on the DVR. Long story made short... running additional cable is not optional. Can i add an additional multiswitch to the one coax cable that runs into the master bed room? If so what type is recommended?

(SAT)
    | |
    | |
    [======Multiswitch======] (Zinwell 6x8 model# MS6X8WB-Z)
    | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | |
    | --Rooms--
    |
    |
    -=(Master b/r)=-
    |
    [=Add additional multiswitch?=]
    | |
    | |
    [DVR]

Thanks!
    Brian
    You have precisely the situation the Single Wire Multiswitch was designed for. IIRC, you can run up to 8 HR2x DVRs off a single coax.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by labbie48 View Post
    Nope, need two coax cables for the multiswitch.
    Wrong on both scores. You need 4 cables for a HD multiswitch.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

PlainBill,
    Thanks, that's such awesome news! What multi-switch model# should i look to get?

Quote Originally Posted by used2could View Post
    PlainBill,
    Thanks, that's such awesome news! What multi-switch model# should i look to get?
    No idea. Google directv single wire multiswitch , check the forums at dbstalk, or ask a DirecTV installer.

PlainBill

Doing some digging around now. Thanks. i'll post my findings for others.

SWM-8. solidsignal.com sells it.
    Steve