Thread: tivo hacking to enable basic features

tivo hacking to enable basic features

hey everyone,
    I bought some series3 tivos last year because I wanted a DVR I could move shows between (record in one room, watch in another), and save shows onto my computer...well lately, every time I try to do multi room viewing shows have a red "no" circle because of "broadcast restrictions"...what a crock! anyway, if anyone would know how to get it working, you guys would...can anyone get me going in the right direction? I do know how to do complex soldiering need be, should I need to replace a prom...thanks for your help

What you're asking involves circumventing the paid Tivo service, which we do not support here. If you want those particular features to work, you're going to have to subscribe to the Tivo service.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    What you're asking involves circumventing the paid Tivo service, which we do not support here. If you want those particular features to work, you're going to have to subscribe to the Tivo service.
    did you read the actual post or just the thread title? (rhetorical question)

op: what you're asking for is completely possible, and yes, some soldering is required. search around for 'cci byte'. there are quite a few threads around that detail the necessary steps

yeah i have paid service, i dont see how doing this would be circumventing anything...this was an original feature included but removed because cable companies are greedy....thx for ur help jt i just dont want to spend a couple hudred dollars to get the wrong thing :/

Check out this recent thread:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61165

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    did you read the actual post or just the thread title? (rhetorical question)
    I thought I had read both but apparently just the thread title sunk in. What the OP is experiencing is his cable provider implementing DRM protection that prevents the distribution of copyrighted material. In other words, they broke his MRV feature as well as TivoToGo.

Not sure why the OP even mentioned Tivo basic features since this does not include either MRV or TTG.
    Last edited by captain_video; 12-15-2009 at 08:30 AM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    I thought I had read both but apparently just the thread title sunk in. What the OP is experiencing is his cable provider implementing DRM protection that prevents the distribution of copyrighted material. In other words, they broke his MRV feature as well as TivoToGo.

Not sure why the OP even mentioned Tivo basic features since this does not include either MRV or TTG.
    I think the OP was talking about basic TiVo features and not "TiVo Basic" features. The first being core advertised features that TiVo offers, and the latter bing a type and level of service as defined by TiVo.

These days most people aren't even going to know the latter ever existed. :-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.