Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Series4 (TiVo Premiere) Development Thread

It was more curiosity than necessity. I have an elite, XL and have a premiere on the way.
    Will probaly just sell the XL with an upgraded 2TB hard drive and keep the elite and premiere.
    Last edited by T_RJ; 03-29-2012 at 09:44 PM.

i assume this is dead and the series 4's aer not hackable currently

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    i assume this is dead and the series 4's aer not hackable currently
    There's a way to hack them, it's just a question of practicality.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...occurred-to-me

E.g. is the cost of doing such a setup worth it. It's not a simple matter of can somebody design the necessary component, but rather the demand may be so low as to be cost prohibitive to manufacture. Plus there's the issue of whether or not tivo would sue anybody who does manufacture one.

Unless there was an open source design or something, and the onus was on you to build your own using design and code provided. This is the way the original tivonet was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
    There's a way to hack them, it's just a question of practicality.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...occurred-to-me

E.g. is the cost of doing such a setup worth it. It's not a simple matter of can somebody design the necessary component, but rather the demand may be so low as to be cost prohibitive to manufacture. Plus there's the issue of whether or not tivo would sue anybody who does manufacture one.

Unless there was an open source design or something, and the onus was on you to build your own using design and code provided. This is the way the original tivonet was.
    Can such a prototype be built for less than $10,000? If so, I am very interested in making this happen.

I'm not worried about a lawsuit. I own several businesses, and so, as a matter of course, most of my assets are not in my name.

I don't, however, have the technical know-how required to pull this off. If anyone out there does, I'd love to hear from you.

Could a bounty bring back some of the hall-of-famers? Good luck topgun, keep us posted.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Could a bounty bring back some of the hall-of-famers? Good luck topgun, keep us posted.
    If you can tell me how to reach some of these hall-of-famers, or anyone with the required skills, please let me know. I'd be happy to have a discussion with someone about compensation for working on a project like this.

Clearly you have not bothered to read the thread. That makes me wonder about how serious you are.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    Clearly you have not bothered to read the thread. That makes me wonder about how serious you are.
    I have, a good while ago, and I'm subscribed to it. I'm not sure what caused you to make that assumption, but thanks for your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun98 View Post
    I have, a good while ago, and I'm subscribed to it. I'm not sure what caused you to make that assumption
    Not an assumption, but a deduction. You are asking how to contact the people who produced the first couple of pages of this thread, which includes an outline for a method of donation to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    Not an assumption, but a deduction. You are asking how to contact the people who produced the first couple of pages of this thread, which includes an outline for a method of donation to the cause.
    If you can't tell from my post count, I'm fairly new to this forum. I can see who started the thread, but I have no way to know who has the skills to execute this properly, and I'm not going to blindly send thousands of dollars to anyone before I've had the chance to at least talk to them on the phone once or twice. If you feel differently then knock yourself out.

That Donate link is to PayPal.

Instead of thousands of dollars, you can send them one penny and add a message with your contact info to the "you've got money" email PayPal will send them.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun98 View Post
    If you can't tell from my post count, I'm fairly new to this forum. I can see who started the thread, but I have no way to know who has the skills to execute this properly, and I'm not going to blindly send thousands of dollars to anyone before I've had the chance to at least talk to them on the phone once or twice. If you feel differently then knock yourself out.
    No offense intended (if you are even remotely who you say you are), but the very fact your post count is low combined with the fact you are claiming to have thousands of dollars to throw around makes me very, very nervous. The fact you speak in such an easy manner concerning your funding and WRT the notion of being sued makes me even more so. We have no way of knowing who you are, or whether your intent is genuine, malicious, or perhaps even nefarious. I would love nothing more than to be completely wrong in suspecting your motives and situation, but a simple purvey of the posts of the initial authors of this thread will tell you everything you need to know concerning their qualifications and capabilities. Their combined post counts add up to somewhere around the 10,000 mark, and even a casual perusal of some of those posts will tell one what one needs to know concerning their capabilities. The fact you have not engaged in even a perfunctory perusal of said posts would seem to speak volumes of your true intent, not to mention your credentials.

Again, nothing would thrill me more than to be proved completely wrong, here, but anyone who deals with a participant in your position would be very well advised to be exceedingly cautious. Of course, in fact, I doubt I really need to warn the people you seek of this. I suspect their alarm bells are going off just as loudly as mine.

Not looking to troll or anything else for that matter. I also am not too worried about the legality of this and would be willing to throw a couple of Gs at this. While I want it to happen badly I would expect the folks who monitor this forum to contact me. I am not going to go that out of my way to find those who can possibly do this. To anyone reading who believes the Tivo Premiere DVRs can be hacked - message me and we'll get something started.

For those willing to 'throw a couple G's at this' (I'm good for a single G)

bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by karpodiem View Post
    bitcoin?
    That's a great idea! Using bitcoin, I can prove that I have funds available for this project.

Here's some bitcoin that I've got laying around:
    http-blockchain.info-address (edit: address removed)
    2,777 BTC = $133,296 USD

If anyone is in doubt, msg me and I will prove ownership by moving it or by signing a message with my private key.

Not everyone who has a low post count and who wants to liberate their TiVo is a troll.

Contact me if anyone is seriously interested in hacking the S4.
    Last edited by topgun98; 03-15-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: removed bitcoin address