Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Series4 (TiVo Premiere) Development Thread

Giving this thread a poke... I saw that swapping flash devices between boxes doesn't work since a portion of the image is unique to each box, but has it been confirmed that copying a complete image onto a fresh flash chip doesn't boot? ie... is the unique information from each blank chip part of the chain of trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    Found while browsing the flash:

[CODE snipped]
    Yes folks, your TiVo is covertly killing Nazi's using Monty Python's "Killer Joke"! :-D

"Why does the Porridge bird lay its eggs in the air?"

is firesign theater, not python. FWIW.

There are some mods I'd like to make to my premiere XL, but I think I'll fiddle with an S3/HD first, then probably get a used premiere to tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Darr247 View Post
    "Why does the Porridge bird lay its eggs in the air?"

is firesign theater, not python. FWIW.

There are some mods I'd like to make to my premiere XL, but I think I'll fiddle with an S3/HD first, then probably get a used premiere to tweak.
    Yes, but there is no full quote regarding the Porridge bird in the flash. Only the words "the Porridge Bird". The actual text that follows (German) is Monty Python.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Yes, but there is no full quote regarding the Porridge bird in the flash. Only the words "the Porridge Bird". The actual text that follows (German) is Monty Python.
    Actually, it's not German. It's gibberish that sounds like German, or if you will that contains a handful of German words.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Mounting S4 hard drive?

I would like to get at the file system of the Premiere hard drive. I tried mounting the drive on my Ubuntu box and well, that didnt work well. If there a trick to this?

Yes, there is a trick for your kernel to recognize the partitions on a tivo drive: tivopart.

See this thread for a recent discussion and details: link
    Last edited by tivo4mevo; 12-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks tivo4mevo. I'll try that out tomorrow morning. My wife will kill me if i take the tivo offline tonight

Just checking in for everyone. We are currently doing some holiday Series4 hacking behind the scenes here at our secret underground lair. No specifics yet, but there is hope. :-)
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Thanks for letting us know, Omikron. I'd given up hope!

Just checking in for everyone. We are currently doing some holiday Series4 hacking behind the scenes here at our secret underground lair. No specifics yet, but there is hope. :-)
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

That's hard core, Omikron. Good luck!

When you say "we", does that mean your hacking away with someone else? That's would be good, because you can bounce off ideas, and if you're going down the wrong path, the other person may be able to point it out.

Hi guys...sorry to be the dumb guy showing up late to the party without knowing there was a party, but...

I basically this week got a Tivo premier thinking that it would at least work as well as my S2, but due to CCI byte 0x02 I can't transfer most of my recordings, which is absolutely essential to my enjoyment of the unit. So I apologize for not pouring over the forums to find this out myself- frankly I have trouble understanding the discussion and sorting out the things that are relevant to my problem and not, but I'm wondering if somebody can really simply answer these questions for me:

1) Is there a hack or technique currently in existence that will allow me to transfer prior CCI 0x02 recordings already on my Premier to my computer or my S2? How about future 0x02 flagged recordings?

2) If so, simply put, how can I get it and how can I make it work?

Unfortunately, my cable company has ALL digital programming flagged 0x02, so my new Premier is basically worthless to me as is and it drives me absolutely crazy.

There's no publicly known way to hack a Premier (S4). I'm pretty sure that's where the prohibition is enforced. So, sorry, you're SOL.

That's the main reason why I do not recommend purchasing a Premier at this time.

How does your announced hiatus affect this effort?

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    How does your announced hiatus affect this effort?
    I will still remain in contact with others on the project and continue work during my hiatus.
    .-=Omikron=-.