Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Series4 (TiVo Premiere) Development Thread

Most excellent! Thanks.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    Most excellent! Thanks.
    Good news indeed! I'm curious what the odds are that someday we'll end up with the prom mod equivalent for an S4? Or will Tivo have moved onto another series by then....just curious about what others think.

Not that I'm in a rush to replace though...I've picked up another couple HD's that I've got to send off to Omikron! Seriously tempted to try my hand at surface mount soldering. With the cost of HD's so low it's not like I'd be out serious $$.

I've quietly started using a hauppauge hd-pvr to capture my HD Tivo programs firom my premiere. It handle hd component in and gives you a MP4-H.264 output file with ac3 sound!

So if you really need to get stuff off a tivo, here ya go!

here is a nice information, so nice of you, it must be shared with other peoples, so keep it up in the future also.best regards.

Here is nice information.
    ba

35 Bummer...

No updates in 2.5 months...not a good sign! Is the S4 ever going to be hacked? I see Tivo is trying to get a new Premier Elite into the market. (Quad tuners) Guess that will be locked down too. Glad I bought that second S3.

Patience. It's not an easy hack.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    Patience. It's not an easy hack.
    It isn't, and there's a lot of...tact...that goes into handling release of information.

While I can't speak for everyone, I can tell you that a few of us are continuing to peck away at the S4 to see what can be done within the realm of possibility.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

I am guessing something akin to a modchip?
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Have been out of the loop for a long time now, but wow! they really did not want anyone playing with this box! I agree that between the cable operators and net providers (netflix, etc) that is the main reason for locking this down. But also to prevent the dups by other companies maybe. Nothing related to stuff we want to do like customize their stuff with web interface or other transfers.

Great job all, and sorta glad I am too cheap to get the new box!

not sure if this helps but i am intersted

I am not one to ever attempt to do illegal things just hate modded equipment with potential for so much more (ie. playing dvds and much more on old wii systems. a little birdie that works for a provider that uses the TiVo series 4 as its newest member of the dvr family. i am field testing now prior to release in my area. first thing i notice is the vod goes proprietary as soon as you get the box. like amazon vod is a great feature ive seen on personal owned boxes. of course no go on mine. i know that the boxes are loaded prior to leaving the warehouse by use of a usb dongle. of course these are well protected. but from skimming through the thread i keep seeing talk of hardmods.ci may not be a coder but ive seen emulated dongles used on ps3 and cubase. just wondering if that would help direction. all i want is what i already pay for. just in one device rather than 3.

another note: i have the series 4/hd but when i look on the coding used for hitting the box and its response is premier. i would really like to push this box to the max. provider vod. netflix. amazon allin one spot. thanks for listening to me ramble
    Last edited by sysmai; 08-11-2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: personal

Is the new Premier Elite with 4 tuners considered series 4? http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-pr...ite/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Is the new Premier Elite with 4 tuners considered series 4? http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-pr...ite/index.html
    Yes, this would still be considered to be the Series4 platform.
    .-=Omikron=-.

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Sorry to ask dumb questions but where do I go to donate Omikron? I just got a premier and am hoping to have TWP someday. That was one great and convenient application...

Nevermind, I found it in the first post but now paypal is saying your email address isn't valid so won't let me donate.
    Last edited by Soapm; 09-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Sorry to ask dumb questions but where do I go to donate Omikron? I just got a premier and am hoping to have TWP someday. That was one great and convenient application...

Nevermind, I found it in the first post but now paypal is saying your email address isn't valid so won't let me donate.
    I had no idea this problem was even happening as no one has mentioned it to me yet. I just spent the past half hour trying to fix the error but to no avail. Others also seem to have had similar problems with no specific solutions yet.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to donate to the hardware fund just send it directly to my email address at omikron-at-brokenpixel-dot-net. Make sure to send it as a "Personal" payment instead of a standard one otherwise fees get involved. :-/
    .-=Omikron=-.