Thread: HR 20 - DirecTV to dvd?

HR 20 - DirecTV to dvd?

I can see my HR20 on the network and have downloaded the DirecTV viewer to my WIndows 7 box. However, since my video drivers do not prevent screen capture, the DirecTV approach does not work.

With the exception of tearing apart my DVR, is there any way to decrypt the drive info and copy the shows I saved to a DVD?

big no, sorry

Even tearing apart the DVR won't help.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ww927bin View Post
    What you will need:

1. TiVo Desktop
    2. A video converter that can support tivo files, here I recommend you Pavtube Video Converter
    3. A DVD burner, like ImgBurn, Nero Express, etc.
    Um, no. Pay attention. This section is a NON tivo area. The DirecTV HR20 is NOT a tivo unit. TiVoDesktop, then, would be rather useless. Please read, understand, and know what you are talking about before offering help. Giving incorrect information will at best confuse people, and can really cause people hours of problems if they think you are right and try to do it.

Not to mention this is a DirecTV unit, and even the DirecTiVo's did not support the TivoDesktop Software. That is only for StandAlone units.

Quote Originally Posted by enesha View Post
    Um, no. Pay attention. This section is a NON tivo area. The DirecTV HR20 is NOT a tivo unit. TiVoDesktop, then, would be rather useless. Please read, understand, and know what you are talking about before offering help. Giving incorrect information will at best confuse people, and can really cause people hours of problems if they think you are right and try to do it.

Not to mention this is a DirecTV unit, and even the DirecTiVo's did not support the TivoDesktop Software. That is only for StandAlone units.
    He doesn't care to pay attention because helping this person isn't his goal. It's a viral marketing attempt at getting somebody to buy his video conversion software. AKA spamming.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by jer99 View Post
    I can see my HR20 on the network and have downloaded the DirecTV viewer to my WIndows 7 box. However, since my video drivers do not prevent screen capture, the DirecTV approach does not work.

With the exception of tearing apart my DVR, is there any way to decrypt the drive info and copy the shows I saved to a DVD?
    About the only thing you can try is to play the shows in SD via the composite video (yellow) or s-video and stereo audio (red-wht) into your computer or a stand alone DVD recorder. If you use the DVD recorder and make a standard play quality DVD then most DVD ripping software can transfer it to your computer.