Thread: Record and Edit from Tivo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Record and Edit from Tivo

I'm very newbish when it comes to Tivo, i have never owned one or seen one in person for that fact but i have a couple of questions i would like to ask.

I'm a huge college football fan. I want to be able to record the games and then move them to my PC to edit them for highlight videos and stuff to put on youtube. Is this possible?

my second question is do i need to pay for a subscription? i believe they have monthly and lifetime (product lifetime?) or do i need to (or can i) get around the subscription to do what i want to do?

any help is appreciated thanks

EDIT: I should have also mention i would like to do all this in HD :P, so i believe that is Series 3 Tivo?

Quote Originally Posted by wbharrison88 View Post
    I want to be able to record the games and then move them to my PC to edit them for highlight videos and stuff to put on youtube. Is this possible?
    Yes. But wouldn't there be copyright issues?

do i need to (or can i) get around the subscription to do what i want to do?
    Yes. But wouldn't that be illegal? Certainly unethical, so I don't think you'll find anyone here willing to help you do that.

i would like to do all this in HD :P, so i believe that is Series 3 Tivo?
    Yes. The original "Series 3" or it and the subsequent models that are now collectively referred to as series 3. Possibly the Premiere series (some call them series 4) would also work; we don't know yet.

If the HiDef games you want are available to you OTA, a specific series 2 model, the DirecTivo HD10-250 would serve. At the point DirecTV totally abandons the HR10-250 for the purpose it was sold (3/31/2010), I have raised the issue as to whether it would then be permissible to discuss non-subscription use of that model here (as salvage of abandoned property), but there hasn't been much response.

This forum does not permit discussion of "getting around the subscription". The HR10 still does a lot.
    Steve

Oh I understand. I'm not wanting to get around the subscription. I would prefer to do things right. I just didn't know if the subscriptions would permit me to do what i wanted thats all. Thanks for the information though, i appreciate it.

Sorry for the double post but i was just curious will this Tivo work with digital cable and satellite? because right now i have satellite but later on i might be switching to digital cable.

Which model TiVo do you have? What are the first three digits of the TiVo Service Number?
    Steve

Sorry, I havent purchased a Tivo yet but i was referring to the series 3. I Was wondering if there specific models for cable and satellite or all models do both or only some, or even no satellite support at all.

The Series 3 (including the TivoHD) and the Series 4 (Premiere) only work with cable or OTA. Satellite is not supported.