Thread: Anyone have original Series 3 Prom image?

Anyone have original Series 3 Prom image?

I've been hacking my newly wooted original S3. All has gone well so far, except I'm wondering if I damaged my original prom in the process. After reading the prom image, the checksum did not match Omikron's. Although I did readily find the gzip image at the address location originally posted by Narf. So I did all the bin mods and bottom line is I'm getting just grey screen at boot, no fan but hard drive spins up. This is with both original prom and hacked prom. I've checked and double-checked for bridges, bad solder joints and everything looks good. So before I pull off the socket and try again, I wanted to test a known good S3 prom image.

So if you have an original S3 (not HD) prom image, please PM me. Thanks in advance.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    So if you have an original S3 (not HD) prom image, please PM me. Thanks in advance.
    Got it thanks. My socket was fine, just a bad prom image. Glad I decided to test a known good image before I tortured myself removing/replacing the socket. That's why I love this game! Thanks again for the helping hand!
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software