Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove "PPV" tag from guide data?

Question

Newbie question: Is there a way to obtain the following DB information from the TiVo BASH command line or do I need to get TiVoNet and TiVoWeb working?

Many TIA for anyone who can help.

------------------
    Post from previous reply:

There's gotta be someone out there that knows MFS and TCL enough to help me with this... I got my tivonet installed and did some looking around at the MFS data via tivoweb 1.9.3.

The data I think I need to change is in the "Station" object, found by looking at the MFS browser, selecting StationTms, and then the appropriate station object (found by looking at the channel view and paying attention to the link)

I get something that looks like this:
    Station 2435/12 {
    ServerVersion = 14
    TmsId = 16315
    CallSign = CALLSIGN
    Country = U.S.A.
    Affiliation = {(AO) Pay-Per-View}
    DmaNum = 0
    City = Boulder
    State = CO
    ZipCode = 80302
    AffiliationIndex = 57
    PayPerView = 1
    LogoIndex = 65536
    Name = {name omitted :-)}
    (attribute 0x50023 not in schema)
    ServerId = 2312
    Version = 1
    IndexPath = /StationTms/16315:983 /Server/2312
    }

embeem posted a sample tcl script which will dump all the channels in this thread:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=25765

Earlier today I hacked apart a piece of the tivoweb GUI to dump an object by fsid... embeem's code puts out something like this:
    100 - {53632/3467} {Discovery Civilization Network}

Turn the following into another tcl script and feed it the fsid (53632) as an argument on the command line:

Code:
    #!/tvbin/tivosh
    source $tcl_library/tv/Inc.itcl
    tvsource $tcl_library/tv/mfslib.tcl
    tvsource $tcl_library/tv/dumpobj.tcl

set path [lindex $argv 0]

set db [dbopen]

transaction {
     set obj [db $db openid "$path"]
     set type [dbobj $obj type] 
     set fsid [dbobj $obj fsid] 
     set subobjid [dbobj $obj subobjid]

puts "type = $type  fsid = $fsid subobjid = $subobjid"

# Show the construction status
        if { [dbobj $obj construction] } {
            puts "  UNDER CONSTRUCTION\n"
        }

# dump the body of the object
        foreach attr [dbobj $obj attrs] {
            if { [string match "0x*" $attr] } {
                #puts $attr " (attribute $attr not in schema)\n"
                continue
            }
            if { [dbobj $obj attrtype $attr] == "object" } {
                foreach subObj [dbobj $obj gettarget $attr] {
                    puts "/object/$subObj" ]
                }
            } else {
            set ret [dbobj $obj get $attr]
                puts "$attr = $ret"
            }
        }

}
    which should output something like this:

TiVo p2 (194)# mnt/dumpobjbyfsid.tcl 2445
    type = Station fsid = 2445 subobjid = 12
    ServerVersion = 14
    TmsId = 19634
    CallSign = STARZ5
    City = Englewood
    State = CO
    ZipCode = 80111
    Country = U.S.A.
    DmaNum = 0
    Name = {STARZ! Cinema}
    Affiliation = ENCORE
    AffiliationIndex = 63
    LogoIndex = 65753
    ServerId = 463418
    Version = 1
    IndexPath = /StationTms/19634:98d /Server/463418
    TiVo p2 (195)#

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by TVWatcher
    Newbie question: Is there a way to obtain the following DB information from the TiVo BASH command line or do I need to get TiVoNet and TiVoWeb working?
    There are many ways. One of them is described above (via TCL script). For a quick fix, you can run tivosh and run a few commands to list/dump objects...

Once in tivosh, you can type 'dumpobj 2435/12' to get the output you requested in your post. Of course, you'd have to substitute the real fsid for the one listed. You can browse mfs directories with the 'mls' command. Be careful, because the backspace key doesn't work as expected.

You could also set up PPP over serial and run TivoWeb. Whatever works for you.

So, any chance some super-genius will create a complete and turnkey TCL script that will remove the PPV flag from all channels on the Dtivo?

-Kilroy

_Formula, are you up to the challenge? I'd like to include this in my next image.

Dennis

I've looked into this and found no evidence of being able to set a PPV channel as non-PPV. I've tried several things, looked multiple places.

The only possibility (suggested by BubbaJ) that I haven't investigated yet has to do with the individual showings instead of the channel. Even if there is something we could do with this (which I'll find out), it's still a relatively useless mod.

To accomplish anything with this, you'd have to have a background script running to modify any new showings that enter the database.

I'm gonna keep looking for ways to accomplish this though...

Well, that sux. Thanks though.

Dennis

Wonder if a script could be modified to translate the requested future recording of a PPV into a manual date/time record method?

There must be some way -- with all the talent here, I know someone will figure it out

-Kilroy

It seems like you guys might already know how to do something that I'm trying to do here. Sorry if you think this is too un-related to the topic, but here goes:

In attempting to disable scrambling of the tystreams, I have patched my kernel according to GhostCoders specs, but it created the problem of me not being able to schedule pay per views.

When I hit select on a later showing PPV in the guide, it gives me the option to get the purchase information right now. I choose to do that, and then it says 'Cost information is not available for this program.' I hit get pricing again, and the tivo freaks out for a second, then reboots.

After restoring the kernel to its normal state, this problem still persists. My theory here is that the PPV pricing information must be corrupted somehow because parts of it must be in a varied format. I tried the third option in system reset (didn't do the 4th because I wanted to save some old episode recordings) which did not work. So its my guess that its necessary to completely wipe all information in the MFS relevant to PPV. Anybody have any quick methods of pulling this off?
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

This was a problem for some 3M's. As for avoiding the reboot, I've found if I press LiveTV after I get the Cost info failure the box does not reboot.

If using SLE you need to make sure your activation date is a real valid date. Use tweakcor for instance to check it. An example of an invalid date which would cause the PPV reboot problem would be:

March 00 2002

we all know there is no 00 day in a month....since I fixed that....I havent seen the problem.

I dont know why this works but it was passed to me on IRC and it worked....

-hood