Thread: Request for S3 prom image

Request for S3 prom image

I am about ready to pull the trigger on the S3 prom upgrade. I am requesting a prom image since I have a way to program the part but not read / dump it.
    thanks

I got it, thanks folks.

In need of a PROM.

Ditto! Got sockets for the piggyback mod, 3 PROM chips & I borrowed a Willem programmer. Just need a copy of the PROM.

Thx in advance!

Chris

Looking for an S3 prom image, can someone help me
    Thanks in advance
    J

Would appreciate any help getting a prom image for the TIVO TCD652160 (TIVO HD)?
    I have someone to program it for me but need the actual file to be flashed..

Thanks in advance!

blahman is offline blah blah blah blah blah.
    Ok, another user begging for a hacked prom image for the S3 TCD648250B... Thanks in advance.

Going to keep updating while I hunt. Please reply or PM if you can help.
    Still looking 2012-12-23 and hoping for a holiday miracle. Can anyone bring some Christmas joy?
    Last edited by blahman; 12-23-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Still hoping.

well my attempt to modify the file has not been fruitful. Have done extensive reading of the forum before posting, keeping notes, I took the virgin image, modified the first area. However the area contained in the compressed image edit has me baffled. When I delete the part of the file that is not compressed I can't seem to be able to uncompress it using gzip.

I don't understand the part on how to make the edit on the compressed image. Sorry for begging but I've run into a road block, I'm stumped.

I've been able to upgrade my drive to a 2TB drive myself, and I understand the rest of the required patches... but since no one seems to be doing the prom patch anymore, I'm out of luck here... anyone want to point me to the right direction? clarify the steps needed perhaps?

It is the 24th of December and all through the house not a creature was stirring except some fool pushing a mouse.

Just popping to see if there was any chance a Series 3 OLED TCD648250B hacked or virgin eeprom image had been posted.

Please reply or PM if you can help.

Edit:
    Merry Christmas to all. Happy December 25th.
    Last edited by blahman; 12-25-2012 at 01:23 AM.

December 26th and yes still looking for either a virgin untouched prom image, or a pre-hacked prom image from the Original Series 3 OLED Front Panel 250GB TCD648250B.
    Not a Series 2, 2.5, S3 HD, S3 HDXL. The model for which I need the eeprom image is the Original Series 3 OLED Front Panel 250GB TCD648250B.
    Image attached to show the model for which I need the prom image. I've got the ability to program, just concerned about removing chip and getting good read. Would prefer to have a good prom image on hand before any remove attempts.

The image for this prom has been received. THANK YOU!
    For anyone else that may need the prom image for the Series 3 OLED TCD648250B v3.16: http://www.multiupload.nl/8PJH4VKVJL and attached to this message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by blahman; 01-07-2013 at 10:31 PM.