Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extending MFS-Tools For the TiVo Premiere (Support Thread)

Thanks - I'll give this a try when I can. I can sort-of stumble my way around Linux - I don't use it enough (except for doing software development) to know the disk tools.
    Steve

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stevel View Post
    Thanks - I'll give this a try when I can. I can sort-of stumble my way around Linux - I don't use it enough (except for doing software development) to know the disk tools.

Steve, were you successful in upgrading your THR22's internal drive while maintaining the contents of the original drive? And yeah, I read another post of yours saying your were trying to wean your wife off of the THR22 as you'd just gotten a Genie. The one thing that keeps me with Tivo is the ability for it to record Suggestions.

Pointers to any how-tos, etc for accomplishing replacement of THR22's internal drive while maintaining original content will be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Латинские, греческие, и китайские подписи для идиотов.

No, never succeeded. I did manage to copy the drive but not expand its capacity. I ended up just dropping the idea and stuck a 2TB drive on an HR44.
    Steve

Any chance that mfsadd.s4.x86 can be modded further to accomodate drives larger than 2TB and allow expansion beyond 2TB.

If you're trying to expand a single premiere drive beyond 2TB, I'll have to check to see where these tools stand.

That's exactly what I am doing. I have successfully expanded a 1TB XL drive to 3TB with JMFS. It fails on expanding a 2TB XL4 drive to 3TB. The modified mfsadd does not expand a 2TB XL4 image. Since the Roamio can go to 4TB, I believe the Premieres can go there as well (as long as it has the latest OS) and if the tools can address large drives.