Thread: External NPL for hacked TiVo

External NPL for hacked TiVo

I'm working on a little project, but I need a bit of help from someone who is more familiar with tcl on the TiVo than I.

The TiVo NPL is sadly inadequate, especially when dealing with thousands of programs on an external server. One can fire up a web browser and use pyTivo to handle selection and then use its "push" feature to start transferring the file, but the problem is it can take up to 15 minutes for the transfer to start. 'Not good. What's more, while pyTivo is a great program, it doesn't quite offer up all the info I want in the way I want.

For a hacked TiVo, however, there should be an additional option: create a web page and .CGI scripts that will cause the TiVo to load the program immediately when selected. I can handle the web page and the bulk of the .CGI scripting, but I need a little help on the commands in the TiVo that will cause it to start transferring a program from an external server such as pyTivo.

Any takers?
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

I doubt I'm giving you new information but there isn't a lot of activity in DDB.

A pytivo push is done by logging into to our tivo account. The request is made on tivo's servers. I don't think I've ever had to wait more then 5 minutes.

Couldn't you use mfs_ftp to transfer shows without getting tivo's servers involved. Take a look at movie loader. You may be able to use that as a starting point.