Thread: Atmel AT90SC6464C pinout

Atmel AT90SC6464C pinout

Atmel AT90SC6464C pinout, anybody know where I can find one?

Google turns up a bunch of PDFs of block diagrams, but I need to which pin is which on the TCD649080 crypto chip (long story).

Or at least to know what pin 34 is.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

Why do you need the pinout?

Did you break a pin and are trying to figure out if it was an important one?
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    Why do you need the pinout?

Did you break a pin and are trying to figure out if it was an important one?
    Almost.

The only skinny solder available locally was at Radio Shack and it wasn't regular tin-lead, it has a little silver in it, which changes the melt point and other characteristics.

I had removed the crypto chips from both boards and was tinning the solder pads on the good one. The solder suddenly went solid, the iron tip "caught" and pulled the pad off the board, and I really wasn't being "rough" with it.

Whatever connected to that pad apparently comes up from a different layer and even with a magnifying glass I can't see any metal in the trough where the pad was, so before I go hunting for another board, which will probably mean buying an entire unit and paying shipping on an entire unit, I was hoping that either that pin is an N/C or that knowing what it is might help me find someplace else on the board that's where that pad lead to and I can try a jumper wire.

Quote Originally Posted by unitron View Post
    Whatever connected to that pad apparently comes up from a different layer and even with a magnifying glass I can't see any metal in the trough where the pad was,
    sounds like a no connect. It would be extremely poor layout to have a via come through a pad. If there's no trace leading away, and no via hole adjacent, it should be a N/C.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_s View Post
    sounds like a no connect. It would be extremely poor layout to have a via come through a pad. If there's no trace leading away, and no via hole adjacent, it should be a N/C.
    Out of 44 pins I can only see maybe 8 or 10 where the solder pad is visibly connected to anything, so a pinout of the chip would help answer a lot of questions, but thanks for your reply, you've got me thinking in new directions. I suspect the multimeter and I will be up all night.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_s View Post
    You, sir, are a genius!

Or thereabouts.

You got me thinking and I went and took another look at the block diagram for that Atmel chip.

It doesn't give pin numbers, but it only shows a few lines going off-chip, Vcc, Gnd, Clock, Reset, and 2 serial I/O ports.

So I went ahead and carefully soldered the remaining 43 connections.

It works!

The new motherboard with the old crypto chip thinks it's the old motherboard and boots up and all 2TB of mom's recordings are there and she's going to be almost as happy about it as I am to get this over with and off my back.

Of course since I lent her my Tivo in the interim there's going to be a lot of Tivo Desktop back and forth-ing before the right shows are on the right TiVo and it looks like I'll need another 2 TB drive installed in the Tivos' computer, but that's just details.

Again, thank you, and a thank you to the prom king and others who have offered knowledge and advice during my ordeal.