Thread: Tivo HD not responding to Remote - Must Restart

Tivo HD not responding to Remote - Must Restart

Firstly, apologies if this has already been addressed or has an easy solution. I couldn't find any information on it and it's becoming a bit tedious...

So while watching TV (on my Tivo, of course) while changing channels or something, the tivo unit will stop responding to the remote. Now take in mind Im just using the original remote that actually came with the unit. In any event, the screen totally freezes to black and the only way to get it going again is to unplug the unit and restart it that way. This has been inconvenient, but I had to do it 2 times today so now it's going from inconvenient to annoying and frustrating. Anyone else have this issue and possibly a fix for it?

Not specifically, no. If it starts happening a lot, it suggests a failing hard drive. If so, try the kickstart diagnostics.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

You haven't provided a lot of inofrmation on your setup, but if you are running an unpatched version of routerplus I would bet that's your problem. Try this link for more information.
    Basically you have three choices, patch routerplus, put the original router.o back in place, or avoid button mashing.

My apologies again. I am running the "No Promo" via routerplus, but with 11.0j, promo killer isn't needed, correct? So would it just be better to put the original router.o back? If not, how do you patch routerplus?
    Last edited by Heartbreaker; 06-29-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    You haven't provided a lot of inofrmation on your setup, but if you are running an unpatched version of routerplus I would bet that's your problem. Try this link for more information.
    Basically you have three choices, patch routerplus, put the original router.o back in place, or avoid button mashing.
    Still a bit of a newbie. How do you change the Max to 512? in VI?

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Still a bit of a newbie. How do you change the Max to 512? in VI?
    The patched linked to earlier is for the source code to routerplus.o. You'd have to setup a cross-compile environment and recompile the patched routerplus.c file to modify the queue limit.

FWIW, I had freezing problems even with the patched version of routerplus. I haven't had time to investigate what was causing it, so I went back to the standard router.o.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkdiff View Post
    The patched linked to earlier is for the source code to routerplus.o. You'd have to setup a cross-compile environment and recompile the patched routerplus.c file to modify the queue limit.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkdiff View Post
    Aw heck I have no idea how to do that. I think im going to have to go back to the original just don't want to have those annoying promos back.