Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: tyftpd (mfs_ftp.tcl alternative)

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    You should still be able to get tyFTPd working with MovieLoader with the changes I suggested earlier. You might need to delete the chache directories and allow them to be rebuilt, but it did work for me.
    THANKS!

That worked fine.

I made the changes in message #53, but not the "." for ":" substitution for Long Date in the following message, and for the first time, tyftpd worked with MovieLoader Tivo-to-Tivo, which was what I really needed (always HAS worked from hard drive to Tivo). This was HR10-250 to HR10-250.

This is great!!

DealDataBase.com LIVES!!!

any way to stop tyFTPd without causing a reboot?
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

You should still be able to get tyFTPd working with MovieLoader with the changes I suggested earlier. You might need to delete the chache directories and allow them to be rebuilt, but it did work for me.
    Woohoo!! Changes worked. This is awesome. Best thing is, it doesn't slow down my TiVo like mfs_ftp. :-) One thing though, do you know why the recordings all show up with a duration of 0:00 (Partial)??

Thanks again!!

Smee

Many thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    One thing though, do you know why the recordings all show up with a duration of 0:00 (Partial)??
    I just noticed that when I initiate the transfer, the duration is listed correctly, but after it completes, it is set to 0:00. I was looking at tyftpd.tcl, but really don't see why this would be happening. I see where it sets it, but not why it is resetting it to back to 0:00 after the transfer completes. Any ideas?

Take care...

Smee

Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    any way to stop tyFTPd without causing a reboot?
    Why on earth would you want to stop such a kewl program No, seriously, I usually just disconnect the clients and issue a kill <pid> to get rid of the server and haven't had any reboot issues. How are you stopping it when you get a reboot and what platform. I only have THD's to test with.

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Woohoo!! Changes worked. This is awesome. Best thing is, it doesn't slow down my TiVo like mfs_ftp. :-) One thing though, do you know why the recordings all show up with a duration of 0:00 (Partial)??
    !
    I've noticed that too. They also loose the station affiliation to which station they were recording from. It just says "tyFTPd" where it would normally have the station callsign.
    They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza!-----------
    3XR10, prommed, 3xdvr40,4xdvr39, all networked, ranging from 40GB to 750GB

Quote Originally Posted by crashHD View Post
    I've noticed that too. They also loose the station affiliation to which station they were recording from. It just says "tyFTPd" where it would normally have the station callsign.
    Well, I think the Station stuff was never implemented. Looking at line 1198 I see this in tyftpd.tcl:

Code:
        # TODO - We could add a function to locate the real first station based on the CallSign
        # Create the dummy Station  object
        set station [db $ServerData(db) create Station]
        dbobj $station set CallSign "tyftpd"
        dbobj $station set Name "tyftpd"
    So on mine, and I am sure yours, the station always remains tyftpd. The CallSign data is in the XML so I don't understand the comment. jkozee must have had something else in mind.

Take care..

Smee

Why on earth would you want to stop such a kewl program No, seriously, I usually just disconnect the clients and issue a kill <pid> to get rid of the server and haven't had any reboot issues. How are you stopping it when you get a reboot and what platform. I only have THD's to test with.
    I have been starting the program via telnet, when I close out the telnet window the TiVo reboots. Using directv hr10-250 6.4a SW, I will try to kill <pid> then close telnet window and see what happens.
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

How aer you calling the command when you run it from a window. IIRC, if you are running ANY tcl script in the foreground of a telnet window, and you close the windows without killing the process (ctrl-c), then the unit will reboot. This may have nothing to do with tyFTPd.

Smee is correct, the station isn't implemented. This is the same behavior as mfs_ftp IIRC. In order to do stations properly, one would have to search the unit and try to locate the station by callsign and then use that object exists, or else create a dummy one. I don't even think that tivo's own TivoDesktop bother with stations, but it would be trivial to add if one was so inclined.

How aer you calling the command when you run it from a window. IIRC, if you are running ANY tcl script in the foreground of a telnet window, and you close the windows without killing the process (ctrl-c), then the unit will reboot. This may have nothing to do with tyFTPd.
    you are correct sir!! I was running ./tyftpd.tcl -l -d & command prompt and when I closed the window it rebooted. I confirmed killing <pid> before closing window keeps the TiVo running, also confirmed ./tyftpd.tcl -l command and then (ctrl-c) to kill process also keeps the TiVo alive. Thanks jkozee
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

jkozee,

Do you know why the recordings all show up with a duration of 0:00 (Partial) after the transfer completes even though the transfer starts off with the correct duration after the transfer first starts?? I really can't figure out why it is happening. At least it is happening to me on my DTIVOs running 6.4a.

Thanks..

Smee

Smee,

No. I haven't had a chance to look at that. I don't think I touch anything but state in CleanupRecording. You can try setting the properties (startime stoptime duration etc) again there and see if that fixes it.

Smee (or anyone else for that matter),

Are you working on the MovieLoader patch for the FSID's in the filename? I haven't seen a request in that thread, so I thought you might be having a go at it yourself. I don't use MovieLoader and don't really do JAVA, but I did dowload it to see what issues it has with tyFTPd. Looks like you could add another regex pattern for the FSID case and get rid of those "Unparseable date" errors fairly easy.

I will upate tyFTPd to allow for daemonizing and will add a flag to only show the tmf directory which should improve the MovieLoader compatibility. I'll include the patch to ignore PASV ip address checks also and I just finished a porting mfs_ftp_helper to the mips.32/mips.64 unified code.

While I'm having good performance with a couple of HR10-250 DirecTivos running 6.4a, tyftpd.tcl is failing to run on a Hughes DirecTivo HDVR2 running 6.2.

bad option "repeat": must be compare, first, index, last, length, match, range, tolower, toupper, trim, trimleft, trimright, wordend, or wordstart while executing "string repeat "#" 512" (file "./tyftpd.tcl" line 1291)

Remarking out the code line

set ServerData(Delim) [string repeat "#" 512]

results in tyftpd.tcl running, and my ftp client reads the contents and tries to begin a download but fails to do so.

I've tried to rewrite the code line without using the "repeat" option but my understanding of exactly what it's doing is faulty.

Any thoughts? Thanks.