Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: tyftpd (mfs_ftp.tcl alternative)

Roger,

"string repeat" must not be available in the older version of tcl interpreter. The line of code is simply saying set the varible to a string of 512 "#" characters. The line could be written similar to mfs_ftp as:
    Code:
    set ServerData(Delim) "################################"
    append ServerData(Delim) $ServerData(Delim) ; append ServerData(Delim) $ServerData(Delim)
    append ServerData(Delim) $ServerData(Delim) ; append ServerData(Delim) $ServerData(Delim)
    There may be other commands that aren't available, but this should get you past this one. Let me know if that works and I'll put it in with the changes I am working on.
    Last edited by jkozee; 06-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Smee,

Does mfs_ftp.tcl also have the same "0:00 (partial)" recording status when the ftp upload completes. If not, what version/patch set are you running for mfs_ftp.tcl so I can compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    The line of code is simply saying set the varible to a string of 512 "#" characters.
    I tried that, in a very gross way, and then got some kind of background error ... I'll try the exact code you suggest when I can get back to my Tivos later on.

EDITED TO ADD: With that code tyftpd.tcl runs and my ftp client sees the files, but the file transfers don't even start. Nothing immediately helpful in the logs but I'll keep working on it.
    Last edited by Roger Dylan; 06-11-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Smee (or anyone else for that matter),

Are you working on the MovieLoader patch for the FSID's in the filename? I haven't seen a request in that thread, so I thought you might be having a go at it yourself. I don't use MovieLoader and don't really do JAVA, but I did dowload it to see what issues it has with tyFTPd. Looks like you could add another regex pattern for the FSID case and get rid of those "Unparseable date" errors fairly easy.
    jkozee,

No, I haven't posted on the MovieLoader forums. I wanted to give it a crack, just haven't had time to set up an environment. I've not messed with Java before so I figured it would be perfect opportunity to start, but will be posting there soon anyway because of some other unrelated issue regarding menu weirdness.

I will upate tyFTPd to allow for daemonizing and will add a flag to only show the tmf directory which should improve the MovieLoader compatibility. I'll include the patch to ignore PASV ip address checks also and I just finished a porting mfs_ftp_helper to the mips.32/mips.64 unified code.
    Daemonizing would be good. Thanks for that. :-)

Smee

Smee,

Does mfs_ftp.tcl also have the same "0:00 (partial)" recording status when the ftp upload completes. If not, what version/patch set are you running for mfs_ftp.tcl so I can compare them.
    jkozee,

No. It reports the correct duration after completion. As a matter of fact, it also updates the CallSign station number as well. Never really noticed that. I am using 1.2.9p-patchlevel-20070717b. At least that is what it reports inside mfs_ftp.tcl. I set up mfs_ftp using the instructions in dvrpedia.

Take care...

Smee

Roger - From your earlier post I would guess that "string equals" is also not supported on your platform, so you will probably need to change those lines as well.

Smee - I haven't looked at the mfs_ftp code in quite some time, but I don't think that it handles station items correctly, in that it doesn't create the required NKP items needed for later versions of the OS and I don't believe that TivoDesktop .tivo files carry the station info when they are transfered. I will try to have a look at the 0:00 partial issue and see if it is obvious to me. I am trying to wrap up the changes I have made and at least get it working for the most part with MovieLoader.

Looks like the "0:00 (partial)" issue is due to the Begin/End attributes of Parts not being set. I will add this to my update for tyFTPd. (Note: Missing Begin/End attributes for parts may also be why my attempt of pre-allocating the parts objects to avoid the bookmark juggle stuff did not work. I am not inclined to pursue it, but the tmf+ type may prove fruitful for those who may wish to do so)

jkozee has posted a patched version of MovieLoader in the MovieLoader thread that seems to handle fsid's well, a big step forward.

Meanwhile, I have had little luck getting tyftpd.tcl to work on an older DTivo with 6.2, but have found that with with a patched-as-best-I-can version of mfs_ftp.tcl running on the older machine it serves MovieLoader fine with tyftpd.tcl running on the client HR10-250. Whether this gets me all the advantages of tyftpd.tcl (mainly handling toxic videos that mfs_ftp.tcl can't, and sometimes reboots or even GSODs) I have not yet tested out.

Just a point of curiosity...what's keeping your from updating that 6.2 unit?

Since 6.2a lost locals, I've been so glad to see work pick up on this, and movieloader. Thanks for your efforts guys!!
    They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza!-----------
    3XR10, prommed, 3xdvr40,4xdvr39, all networked, ranging from 40GB to 750GB

Roger, were you not able to run tyftpd after rewriting the "string equals" and "string repeat" lines? What is the "patched-as-best-I-can" version of mfs_ftp you are running. Did you have to custom patch it, I was under the impression it worked on 6.2 with the current patch set.

I have posted a new version that should provide better compatibility with MovieLoader (use the -m option). This version should also correct the "partial" status for completed recordings. I only tested this on THD, so some work may need to be done on other platforms. If you are using MovieLoader, be sure to use the patched version I posted in that thread to allow for the FSID in the filename.

Roger, were you not able to run tyftpd after rewriting the "string equals" and "string repeat" lines?
    Once I fixed "repeat" correctly, typtp ran without error, but file transfers aborted immediately. I decided to upgrade the system on the Hughes HDVR2 instead; I had kinda hoped to just leave it alone but when I looked at it I saw the drive is too small anyway so I'll put a bigger drive in and take the occasion to upgrade the system. Hopefully that will eliminate the problem with tyftpd. I'll report the results.

What is the "patched-as-best-I-can" version of mfs_ftp you are running? Did you have to custom patch it, I was under the impression it worked on 6.2 with the current patch set.
    1.2.9p with the public patches. It works OK on 6.2 and even other machines with 6.4, but there are occasional problems on inserts and occasional toxic files that wreak havoc (tyftpd OTOH downloads the same video without creating toxic files, one of the reasons I would like to transition to it). I am using the patched mfs_ftp.tcl to get my content off the old HDVR2 and then I'll put in a larger drive with 6.4 and hope to live happily ever after with tyftpd.

I just noticed a bug in the UpdateParts proc, so I removed the download until I have a chance to fix and test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    [I am going to upgrade the HDVR2 to] 6.4 and hope to live happily ever after with tyftpd.
    Having just upgraded the HDVR2 to run 6.4a, it's now running tyftpd.tcl fine, as expected. File transfers are working both with an ftp client and via movieloader.

Is anyone trying to watch live as they are inserting files? I'm curious about how the playbar acts. Deciding if I should have another run at tmf+ file types to avoid the bjuggle that mfs_ftp did. On my THD when I am inserting a file and start watching it (tmf) it, they playbar only goes to the end of the current part that that was inserting when I started the playback. It never updates even if the xfer completes before I reach the end of the playbar.