Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: tyftpd (mfs_ftp.tcl alternative)

Never heard back if there is a NpkChannelDefinition on the DTiVo units, but here is a beta version that will create the showing with a real staion if the tmsid exisits for it and create a NpkChannelDefinition object as well. Let me know if/how it works.
    Last edited by jkozee; 07-08-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Attachment removed

Sorry. I read that post a day or two ago, and had been meaning to figure out how to answer the question. I'm afraid I don't know how to find the answer.
    They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza!-----------
    3XR10, prommed, 3xdvr40,4xdvr39, all networked, ranging from 40GB to 750GB

If you guide me a bit about where to look and what to look for, I can answer your question about the NpkChannelDefinition.

I tested out the new version. I moved 4 shows, all tivo-->tivo in a FXP transfer.

They have a channel listed, and it's the correct channel number, with a "-0" appended at the end.

I transferred two 30 minute shows. Both show up in NPL as partial recordings 0:07 in length. Playing back the episodes, they display a 30 minute play bar, and the full episode plays back like normal. It just has the duration incorrect and the show listed as partial in the NPL. One show retained it's ratings info, the other appeared as "no rating" after the transfer.

I transferred to 60 minute shows. They both playback correctly, appear to have correct channel information (plus "-0"), but have lost their rating info. One lists as 0:16 minutes length in the NPL, but still plays back the correct, full hour length.

I better do some more testing...

Were you transferring simultaneous or sequential?

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    Never heard back if there is a NpkChannelDefinition on the DTiVo units, but here is a beta version that will create the showing with a real staion if the tmsid exisits for it and create a NpkChannelDefinition object as well. Let me know if/how it works.
    Yes there is Npk info on the DTiVo's. I don't remember seeing your post but if you need any specific information let me know.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Sequential. I queued them up in flashfxp all in one shot, and they transferred one after the other.

I added the latest beta version to the first post. This should fix the channel numbers with the "-0" being added. I know you said you were uploading sequential, but the partial recordings are most easily explained as a problem with the maxSTOR not being honored and allowing for simultaneous uploads. Please try the latest beta in the same manner as the previous beta and report the results.

Jkozee,

Thanks. I'm gone for a few weeks only to come back to a butch of changes. :-)

Take care...

Smee

Thanks. I'm hoping to get a chance to test it tomorrow.

Posted a new version with a bug fix.

Posted a new version that will allow part sizes larger than 2GB that may be used on S3 units.

Posted a new version with a bug fix.

1st time installation. Could not get version 1.7 to run "No such file or directory". It's right there in the directory I created along with the helper file. I can see it via Telnet and Filezilla. Pulling my hair out. Permissions good. Going crazy at this point.
    On a whim, I FTPd over 1.6 to the same directory... it ran fine (-p 3105). Movieloader properties configured accordingly for 1 Tivo running tyftpd and 3 running mfs_ftp. Transfers working great.
    Anybody else have the same problem with 1.7 or have any ideas?

Seems that both the helper and tcl files have CTRL-M lines.
    I know I didn't unpack the files on windows so they were
    not added by something I did.

On the Tivo, run 'dos2unix filename' on each of the files to clean them up.
    After I did that, I didn't get "No such file or directory" anymore.
    -dwellar