Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 144

Thread: tyftpd (mfs_ftp.tcl alternative)

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    273
    Excellent tool! I tried many times, but was never able to successfully install mfs_ftp without causing errors or reboots. This works great!

    What is the preferred format to use if you want to later on reinsert? tmf or tmf+? (for that matter, what is the difference between the two?)
    They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza!-----------
    3XR10, prommed, 3xdvr40,4xdvr39, all networked, ranging from 40GB to 750GB

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    273
    Attempting to run on a DTivo with version 6.2a gives the following result:
    Code:
    bash# tyftpd.tcl -s
    bad option "repeat": must be compare, first, index, last, length, match, range,
    tolower, toupper, trim, trimleft, trimright, wordend, or wordstart
        while executing
    "string repeat "#" 512"
        (file ".//tyftpd.tcl" line 1291)
    bash#
    On a 6.4a machine, it runs just fine, without error.
    They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza!-----------
    3XR10, prommed, 3xdvr40,4xdvr39, all networked, ranging from 40GB to 750GB

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    Fired up MovieLoader and tyftpd. I am getting the "425 Can't open data connection" and "550 Error: No reply from mfs_ftp_helper."

    No errors on MovieLoader cache log file

    transfer file log below

    Code:
    2/20/12 6:01:32 PM: Copying {Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf
    2/20/12 6:01:32 PM:   from ftp://192.168.0.112:3105/tmf
    2/20/12 6:01:32 PM:   to   ftp://192.168.0.111:3105/tmf
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 220 tyFTPd 1.0 FTP server ready.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) USER anonymous
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 331 Please specify the password.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) PASS xxxxxxxx
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 230 Login successful.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) CWD /tmf
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 250 Directory successfully changed.
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 220 tyFTPd 1.0 FTP server ready.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) USER anonymous
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 331 Please specify the password.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) PASS xxxxxxxx
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 230 Login successful.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) CWD /tmf
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 250 Directory successfully changed.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) TYPE I
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 200 I only have TiVo mode.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) PASV
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,111,15,230).
    > (TestTiVo:3105) TYPE I
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 200 I only have TiVo mode.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) PORT 192,168,0,111,15,230
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 200 PORT OK
    > (TestTiVo:3105) RETR {Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /tmf/{Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) STOR {Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 425 Can't open data connection
    > (TestTiVo:3105) QUIT
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 550 Error: No reply from mfs_ftp_helper.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) QUIT
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 221 Goodbye.
    2/20/12 6:01:50 PM: java.io.IOException: Error from remote store: 425 Can't open data connection
    Has anyone actually used it with MovieLoader before? It would be really cool if they did. mfs_ftp is really slow.

    Smee

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Has anyone actually used it with MovieLoader before? It would be really cool if they did.
    Yeah. As I said, it works fine for me hard drive to Tivo, but I can't get it to work Tivo to Tivo.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    116
    Could it be Passive mode? Can that be switched off? I'll have to mess with it when I have a chance and see if that's it.

    Take care..

    Smee

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    116
    OK, so I think I might know why this isn't working with MovieLoader. Well, sorta. I did get it to work, just not between Tivos. I tried Tivo-Tivo, and this is the logs between the Tivo initiating the request and the Tivo trying to serve the file.

    Tivo requesting the program is 172.16.0.38
    Code:
    06/07/12 03:59:01 - (3341) >>> 220 tyFTPd 1.1 FTP server ready.
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) <<< USER anonymous
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) >>> 331 Please specify the password.
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) <<< PASS xxxxxxxx
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) >>> 230 Login successful.
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) <<< CWD /tmf
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) >>> 250 Directory successfully changed.
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) <<< TYPE I
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) >>> 200 I only have TiVo mode.
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) <<< PASV
    06/07/12 03:59:05 - (3341) >>> 227 Entering Passive Mode (172,16,0,38,15,21).
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3341) <<< STOR {The Legend of Korra}{2012-06-02}{When Extremes Meet}{10.00 AM Sat Jun 02, 2012}{NIKe}.tmf
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:07 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:07 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:08 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:08 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:09 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:09 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:10 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:10 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:11 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:11 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:12 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:12 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:13 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:13 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:14 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:14 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:15 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:15 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:16 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:16 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:17 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:17 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:18 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:18 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:19 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:19 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:20 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:20 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:21 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:21 - checkDataSock waiting
    06/07/12 03:59:21 - (3341) >>> 425 Can't open data connection
    06/07/12 03:59:21 - (3341) <<< QUIT
    06/07/12 03:59:21 - (3341) >>> 221 Goodbye.
    On the Tivo that has the show I want to pull is 172.16.0.36:
    Code:
    06/07/12 03:58:57 - (3340) >>> 220 tyFTPd 1.1 FTP server ready.
    06/07/12 03:59:01 - (3340) <<< USER anonymous
    06/07/12 03:59:01 - (3340) >>> 331 Please specify the password.
    06/07/12 03:59:01 - (3340) <<< PASS xxxxxxxx
    06/07/12 03:59:01 - (3340) >>> 230 Login successful.
    06/07/12 03:59:01 - (3340) <<< CWD /tmf
    06/07/12 03:59:01 - (3340) >>> 250 Directory successfully changed.
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3340) <<< TYPE I
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3340) >>> 200 I only have TiVo mode.
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3340) <<< PORT 172,16,0,38,15,21
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3340) >>> 200 PORT OK
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3340) <<< RETR {The Legend of Korra}{2012-06-02}{When Extremes Meet}{10.00 AM Sat Jun 02, 2012}{NIKe}.tmf
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - Opening BINARY mode data connection for /tmf/{The Legend of Korra}{2012-06-02}{When Extremes Meet}{10.00 AM Sat Jun 02, 2012}{NIKe}.tmf.
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3340) >>> 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /tmf/{The Legend of Korra}{2012-06-02}{When Extremes Meet}{10.00 AM Sat Jun 02, 2012}{NIKe}.tmf.
    06/07/12 03:59:06 - (3340) >>> 550 Error - token count incorrect.
    06/07/12 03:59:22 - (3340) <<< QUIT
    06/07/12 03:59:22 - (3340) >>> 221 Goodbye.
    When I tried pulling the shows off of my PC, MovieLoader had no issues and worked very well. So what I think is that tyFTPd does not have fxp implemented or at least not implemented right. That's where MovieLoader tries to set up an FTP session between the two Tivos so that doesn't have to serve as the proxy for the data transfer. Someone who knows more about how to trace could say for sure. Look here for one thread talking about that. Real bummer. I also tried a few other things to see if tyftpd & MovieLoader would work together by setting multiple instances on each Tivo using ports 5013 & 3105, but no dice.

    Take care..

    Smee

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    I've never tried MovieLoader, but from the log that you posted above you are trying to pull a show that tyFTPd can't find on the tivo acting as the server. The "550 Error - token count incorrect." indicates that you are not passing a filename that tyFTPd expects. The filename is constructed as {Title}{Short Date}{EpisodeTitle}{Long Date}{ChannelCallSign}{FSID}.extension. The show you are requesting doesn't have the FSID included. This format was an option in mfs_ftp.tcl I believe, but not the default. The problem is that if you don't include the FSID you cannot be sure that you are working with the show you intend. For example if you have two partial recordings for the same showing, then without the FSID incluced, you will have two identical shows listed with the LIST command, but RETR and DELE would only operate on one of them. The STOR function ignores that FSID, so it doesn't care if it is included or not on the upload side.

    So, the first step to getting MovieLoader working is to make sure that it using the same filenames as tyFTPd. If you want to change the format of the filenames in tyFTPd, you will need to make those changes in the helper app and re-compile it. I'm not sure where MovieLoader is getting it's filenames from, I would have thought it would get them from tyFTPd running on the server tivo. If you are tring to mix tyFTPd and and mfs_ftp for trouble shooting PASV on tyFTPd, then chage the format of the file listings for mfs_ftp. IIRC, there is a matching format in mfs_ftp, but I'm not sure if it a command line option or if you need to edit the file directly.
    Last edited by jkozee; 06-07-2012 at 09:52 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    A couple of quick things to try:

    Remove these lines from proc PasvConnect to prevent IP checks:
    Code:
      # Verify this is from who it should be
      if {![string equal $ip $ClientData(ip)]} then {
        # Nope, so close it and wait some more
        logit 1 "Pasv Accept rejected on ip grounds"
        close $sock
        return
      }
    Also, you can increase the timeout that proc checkDataSock has by changing the line:
    Code:
    if {$cnt > 30} {
    to a higer value. As it is written it will only wait for about 15 seconds, try
    Code:
    if {$cnt > 300} {

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    It's also worth noting that I also changeg the {Long Date} format to have the time seaprated by "." instead of ":"

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    It's also worth noting that I also changeg the {Long Date} format to have the time seaprated by "." instead of ":"
    Oh wow. I didn't even notice the name part. So that certainly is a problem. So from what I see, this is the name that tyFTPd is serving:

    Code:
    {American Digger}{2012-06-06}{Buried Bucks in the Bayou}{09.30 PM Wed Jun 06, 2012}{Spike}{79795}.tmf
    And this is what mfs_ftp serves as a name:

    Code:
    {American Digger}{2012-06-06}{Buried Bucks in the Bayou}{09.30 PM Wed Jun 06, 2012}{Spike}.tmf
    I can see the FSID at the end like you said, but it seems like MoveLoader is parsing through the name and rebuilding and since fsid is not what it expects, it dumps it. That may explain the error I am seeing in MovieLoader that I just noticed as well and I think someone here also brought it up before. For every file that it combs through as part of its discovery, it is dropping this error:

    Code:
    java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Wed Jun 06, 2012"
    	at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at MediaFile.parseName(MediaFile.java:304)
    	at MediaFile.<init>(MediaFile.java:130)
    	at FtpMediaFile.<init>(FtpMediaFile.java:61)
    	at FtpMediaFolder.update(FtpMediaFolder.java:107)
    	at VirtualMediaFolder.update(VirtualMediaFolder.java:47)
    	at CacheUpdater.perform(CacheUpdater.java:79)
    	at FtpThread.run(FtpThread.java:131)
    The error above is for the file I included at the beggining. I don't know about the : that you mention though as I don't see it in the output I posted. I am going to try the changes for the connection you posted above but I don't think that is going to make a difference. Are the sources for tyFTPd available somewhere in order to change the filename output?

    Thanks...

    Smee

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    Fired up MovieLoader and tyftpd. I am getting the "425 Can't open data connection" and "550 Error: No reply from mfs_ftp_helper."

    No errors on MovieLoader cache log file

    transfer file log below

    Code:
    2/20/12 6:01:32 PM: Copying {Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf
    2/20/12 6:01:32 PM:   from ftp://192.168.0.112:3105/tmf
    2/20/12 6:01:32 PM:   to   ftp://192.168.0.111:3105/tmf
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 220 tyFTPd 1.0 FTP server ready.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) USER anonymous
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 331 Please specify the password.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) PASS xxxxxxxx
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 230 Login successful.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) CWD /tmf
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 250 Directory successfully changed.
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 220 tyFTPd 1.0 FTP server ready.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) USER anonymous
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 331 Please specify the password.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) PASS xxxxxxxx
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 230 Login successful.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) CWD /tmf
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 250 Directory successfully changed.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) TYPE I
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 200 I only have TiVo mode.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) PASV
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,111,15,230).
    > (TestTiVo:3105) TYPE I
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 200 I only have TiVo mode.
    > (TestTiVo:3105) PORT 192,168,0,111,15,230
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 200 PORT OK
    > (TestTiVo:3105) RETR {Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /tmf/{Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) STOR {Ultimate Weapons}{2012-02-16}{Sniper Rifles}{10.00 PM Thu Feb 16, 2012}{MILT}{3556164}.tmf
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 425 Can't open data connection
    > (TestTiVo:3105) QUIT
    < (TestTiVo:3105) 550 Error: No reply from mfs_ftp_helper.
    > (PortasTiVo:3105) QUIT
    < (PortasTiVo:3105) 221 Goodbye.
    2/20/12 6:01:50 PM: java.io.IOException: Error from remote store: 425 Can't open data connection
    {FSID} is definitely listed in STOR command for me.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    I think the filename missing the FSID is only due to mixing both apps. I was able to get it working using tyFTPd as the client and server, with the changes I posted earlier, and allowing it to build a new cache. As for the source code, everyting is included in the download. tyFTPd.tcl is a tcl script and can be edited directly. However, the source for mfs_ftp_helper is in the form of a patch file that needs to be applied against the unified mfs tools and will need to be compiled using a cross compiler or native mips compiler. This is where the filenames come from.

    You could edit the MovieLoader source to allow for the different {Long Date} format differences. Also, I would think you could have it only process the tmf directory, and get the xml files from the xml directory instead of having it download a partial tmf to extact it.

    EDIT: Oh, wait I just noticed the post with both {Long Dates} being the same from both mfs_ftp and tyFTPd. Maybe someone can look at the JAVA code for MovieLoader and see about allowing for the FSID.
    Last edited by jkozee; 06-07-2012 at 10:09 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    crashHD, as memtioned in the first thread, the tmf+ was my attempt to solve the bookmark issue. When a tmf is transfered, each part is allocated as it arrives from the master block info of that part. The tmf is a tar file with the xml file and then each partNN.ty file. Then tmf+ is a tar file with the xml then the master block info of each ty file, then each ty file. This would allow one to allocate the all of the parts first. I believe this worked on S2, but not on the THD, but I no longer have an S2 to verify this behavior.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I think the filename missing the FSID is only due to mixing both apps. I was able to get it working using tyFTPd as the client and server, with the changes I posted earlier, and allowing it to build a new cache. As for the source code, everyting is included in the download. tyFTPd.tcl is a tcl script and can be edited directly. However, the source for mfs_ftp_helper is in the form of a patch file that needs to be applied against the unified mfs tools and will need to be compiled using a cross compiler or native mips compiler. This is where the filenames come from.

    You could edit the MovieLoader source to allow for the different {Long Date} format differences. Also, I would think you could have it only process the tmf directory, and get the xml files from the xml directory instead of having it download a partial tmf to extact it.

    EDIT: Oh, wait I just noticed the post with both {Long Dates} being the same from both mfs_ftp and tyFTPd. Maybe someone can look at the JAVA code for MovieLoader and see about allowing for the FSID.
    Well, for me it will be a long while before I can figure out how to set this up in eclipse and compile. I have never coded in java before. :-/ I did see this in MediaFile.java which looks like it may be where it is parsing out the name of the file it is reading:

    Code:
        {
          Matcher matcher = MFSFTP_FORMAT.matcher( name );
          if ( matcher.matches() )
          {
            try
            {
              setTitle( matcher.group( 1 ));
              setOriginalAirDate( originalAirDateFormat.parse( matcher.group( 2 )));
              setEpisode( matcher.group( 3 ));
              setRecordedDate( recordedDateFormat.parse( matcher.group( 4 )));
              station = matcher.group( 5 );
              if ( "{}".equals( station ))
                station = "";
            }
            catch ( Exception e )
            {
            }
          }
    I'm going to post over in the MovieLoader thread, but that has been a dead thread since 2008.

    Thanks...

    Smee

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    You should still be able to get tyFTPd working with MovieLoader with the changes I suggested earlier. You might need to delete the chache directories and allow them to be rebuilt, but it did work for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •