Hi all. First off, I would like to say that I have been reading this forum for the past few weeks and all I can say is WOW! You guys rock. I have learned so much here that I actually have accumulated a pile of notes - Word docs actually, hehe. Anyway, my T60 should be arriving mid next week and although I have been into the DirecTV scene for two and half years now, I'm new to the Tivo scene. Here are a few of my questions.

1. Do the T60's still come with access cards?
2. When I call to activate the DirecTV receiver part, will they make also activate the Tivo portion?
3. Can I use the Tivo part as just a normal PVR without the guide updates?
4. Is it true that the guide updates come through the dish itself instead of the phone line in the DirecTivo unit?

I have downloaded the T60 2.5xtreme image and plan on using it in the future but education of this entire is paramount to me and first I need to read, read, read. I'm an IT guy for the past 14 years so I don't foresee any issues on my skills - it's just he actual Linux work I need to brush up on.

Thanks again to all who contribute here. Keep up the great work. I plan on being a contibuting memeber as soon as I gain the needed experience and skills. Hopefully, not too long from now.

Happy Holidays everyone!

BarryB