View Poll Results: Do you like the new forum?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • Not sure yet

2 28.57%
  • Same thing, different day.

1 14.29%

Thread: vBulletin 4.x upgrade

Question vBulletin 4.x upgrade

Hey Folks,

Starting a new thread, what do you guys think of this upgrade?
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Hey. Nice seeing ya!

I'm not voting yet, but first reaction is certainly it's clean, easy to read, nothing so far not to like. More "white space" to set things off. I never disliked the old color scheme but it had been around a long time and change is nice (as long as it's nice).

Looking good!

BTW: As of right now there are a bunch of maintenance scripts running so forum will be slow probably the entire day today.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

To be honest, I feel a little underwhelmed. It's like seeing an old friend after a makeover. One one hand, they are presenting a new appearance to the world. On the other hand, there was nothing wrong with the old appearance. What is more, the true value of the friend has stayed the same.

The areas I hope survived or were improved by the upgrade are the three S's Security, Speed, and Stability.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

I wasn't expecting to see the new face of DDB when I logged on after a hiatus. All I can say is that it's different, but not necessarily in a bad way. I've been so used to seeing the old-style V-Bulletin forums that the new look threw me a little bit. I suppose after looking at the same old format for over 10 years that it was due for a face lift. I'm glad to see that the changes are pleasantly cosmetic and nothing drastic that would require a whole new learning curve. I've got no complaints.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

The only thing I require is the ability to easily tell the threads you've posted in. I haven't figured that out yet with this new flavor since all the thread icon's look the same to me. Except one is red and the other is blue.

I dislike it intensely. It's harder to read and searches are much, much more difficult. It's also more difficult to navigate. For example, when one jumps to one's inbox, how does one jump back to the forum? The login re-direction is also broken under a number of different browsers including FireFox and Konqueror.

Edit: Never mind on that one point. I found the Forum jump.

It may not be a function of V4.0, but the signature permissions have also changed. I tried to edit my signature, and links are no longer allowed.
    Last edited by lrhorer; 11-13-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script