Thread: hr10-250 OTA guide help

hr10-250 OTA guide help

Just picked up a hr10-250 put a brand new image on the drive (instantcakeHD 6.4a) and used PTVnetHD 6.4x
    After going threw the guided setup for sat and ota my guide was setup with all the scheduling i needed including ota... but when i tired to tune to the ota channel nothing would come in
    I then went to channel settings and had it search for ota channels it found all my locals
    Now when I go to the guide I have 2 channels one with guide info and one that only shows "regular scheduling" and when tuning to the channel 3-1 with guide info nothing comes in and the 3-1 without guide data comes in clear.

Any ideas on a fix?
    Can I somehow shift or override the ota guide data?

Also I did make sure i had the right local channels set and they are all correct just have duplicates of all of them
    Last edited by tsf42m; 09-14-2011 at 05:35 PM.

You probably need to wait 24 hours or so for the guide to fill in.
    Steve

Thanks for the reply but I don't think that's the problem
    Maybe these pictures can explain it better

Guide with double channels
    photo 1v2.JPG

Non working channel with guide data
    photo 2v2.JPG

Working channel without guide data
    photo 3v3.JPG

Box has also been up and running for about 72hrs now

not sure that it would help, but I'd re-run guided setup for the antennea/ota. if it gives you an option to delete the channels already there, make sure you select it. It's been a while since I've had my hr10-250 up and running and I can't remember the exact menu navigation / choices.
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

I've tried running the clear option and also running the guided setup multiple times (whitch warns its being cleared) but I still end up with the same result.

guide is likely showing one entry for OTA and one from local spot beam sat. As Stevel said, it may just take time for the spot beam to populate. You could call directv and see if they can send a "refresh" signal or help diagnose what is wrong.
    Another option is to go into "channels I receive" and uncheck the duplicate that is not working. not sure how deep this affects things - - may no longer show up in the guide but may show up when doing a search or when simply just changing channels with the remote control up/down button.
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

They are both ota channels
    And yes I can turn off the non working ota channels like that but the working ota channels have no guide data
    I'll try calling dtv tonight but I have a feeling they will be of little help with this

Talked to dtv they pretty much said they guide they offer is locked on one ota frequencies and there is no way to adjust it for areas
    So I think I'm sol for getting guide data for my ota channels
    If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know

Also just a ps
    Got all the tivo hacks on the new box
    Using tytools and tserver I'm getting really choppy video from ota (i heard this is normal) but for sat I'm getting choppy video to (not as bad as ota)
    I used to have a sd-dvr40 that worked very smoothly with I think 6.2a
    Is this an issue with 6.4a or the hr10-250? Is there a better version to run?