Thread: TivoHD Reboots Every 20 Minutes

TivoHD Reboots Every 20 Minutes

Hello, I was humming right along really well then suddenly my Tivo started rebooting about every 20 minutes or so. I attached my log files.

I have a tivoHD running the latest OS 11.0K and Jamie custom drivers Gen06. It was running fine but as it started to fill up I noticed it doing weird things like pausing and pixulating and now this reboot scenario. Any help would be appreciated.

tvver log.zip
    Kernal Logs.zip

Looks a lot like this thread.

I recently updaetd my S2 with a THD and remeber having pixelation/pausing problems, to the point where I was concerned about the image expantion (running 2TB drives) and hacks. Oddly enough, they went away when I went from cable to cable cards. Couple of questions:
    1) CC installed
    2) SDV TA installed
    3) What size drive and how did you expand (jmfs or winmfs)
    4) Does the problem go away when tuners are tuned to channel 0 and channel 1
    5) Does the problem go away when the cable is disconnected
    6) You mentioned when things started filling up, how much space is being used on the drive
    7) What tivoapp patches do you have installed

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I recently updaetd my S2 with a THD and remeber having pixelation/pausing problems, to the point where I was concerned about the image expantion (running 2TB drives) and hacks. Oddly enough, they went away when I went from cable to cable cards. Couple of questions:
    1) CC installed
    2) SDV TA installed
    3) What size drive and how did you expand (jmfs or winmfs)
    4) Does the problem go away when tuners are tuned to channel 0 and channel 1
    5) Does the problem go away when the cable is disconnected
    6) You mentioned when things started filling up, how much space is being used on the drive
    7) What tivoapp patches do you have installed
    Thanks for the help... I used WinMFS to upgrade to the 2TB drive. The drive has about 332GB of recording and WinMFS made the expanded partition 1.7TB. I was warned not to use WinMFS to upgrade to 2TB but the other program, jmfs wouldn't recognize the hacked drive with Jamies Kernel. WinMFS is the only application I could find that would recognize the hacked drive and gave an option to expand to the full drive.

I decided to put the stock image on the 2TB drive and let it run for a while. I will then have to hack it manually.

Ah, I would definately use jmfs when expanding this time. I used jmfs to copy a stock drive to the 2TB and then expand it. I then used WinMFS to supersize the drive, as that feature on jmfs only works on the premiere units.