Thread: RemoteInfo (TiVo info presented in the Now Playing List for easy access)

RemoteInfo (TiVo info presented in the Now Playing List for easy access)

I have found this script to be very useful. I originally wrote it for my S2 units and just ported it to my new THDs. Hopefully others will find this useful. This script can be found here.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jkozee; 10-17-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Oh, that looks VERY interesting. Does it also work on the older S2 DTiVo's? Can you provide a link?

I have posted the script in the "Files" area and have updated the original post to reflect this. I am only testing on my THD's, but I'm pretty sure it would still run on my old S2.5, so it may run on your DTiVo's. Have a look and let me know if you need to make some tweaks to get it running on your platform.

Kudos on the impressive work! I like that you co-opt the NPL to display the information.

Thanks. I actually wrote the first version of this about 4 years ago, but it was plagued with problems that I could live with, but didn't feel comfortbale releasing to the public. I finally got around to fixing everything (that I was aware of anyways) and felt it was time to share it.

The NPL is perfect for this. I find it cumbersome to check for conflicts through the UI, but having it in your face when you are in the NPL or browsing other units using MRV makes a lot more sense to me.

Let me know if you find anything you have to tweak.

This is fantastic, I'll have to give it a go...
    Do you think it's possible to add a group for shows that didn't record due to no video signal? (This would help for noticing when the hated Tuning Adapter is broken.)