Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving disk to another unit.

Quote Originally Posted by gkoth View Post
    I had a unit with bad tuners. Cleared and deleted everything and put drive in a refurb DirecTiVo 6.2.a both boxes Phillips DSR704. I have the dreaded 51 error. If I have Tivoweb access with hackman will that allow me to run the 51 killer? It has been many years since I originally hacked the drives. I have a serial cable with USB adapter that I got to work with a remote control. I hope I don't have to resort to that without any instructions.
    Are you talking about the error you get when you put a drive from one TiVo into another TiVo (same model but different TiVo Service Number)?

Can't you just tell it to clear and delete everything and rerun Guided Setup?
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by unitron View Post
    Are you talking about the error you get when you put a drive from one TiVo into another TiVo (same model but different TiVo Service Number)?

Can't you just tell it to clear and delete everything and rerun Guided Setup?
    You can, but 51killer (part of Alpha-Wolf's Series 2 Binaries) is quicker and less destructive.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.