Thread: New remote with S1 DirecTiVo?

New remote with S1 DirecTiVo?

My sister has a Sony SAT-T60 DirecTiVo. For several reasons she needs two or three new remote controls. The old Sony remotes are not all that inexpensive, though. It would also be nice to migrate her to a peanut remote, which can be gotten rather cheaper, not to mention it stopping her complaining about not knowing my remotes when she visits. I am given to understand the IR codeset is entirely different for the Sony remote, though, than the SA TiVos. (I haven't tried it.) Is that true? If so, does anyone know of a hack for a SAT-T60 that would allow one to use a regular SA Peanut remote?
    Last edited by lrhorer; 01-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

It is true that the codeset is different. May I suggest that one of the cheaper Harmony remotes would be a better bet in this case? I think it is possible to hack the codeset but it seems like a lot of effort to go through for this.

This post shows how to go the other way - maybe you can figure out the reverse.

Oh, that one isn't for the S1. Try this thread.
    Last edited by stevel; 01-08-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    does anyone know of a hack for a SAT-T60 that would allow one to use a regular SA Peanut remote?
    Plain Bill once suggested to me to drop in a disk image from a Phillips S1 DTivo. I want to say that this worked, but for the life of me, I can't remember which Sat T60 in the heap may have done this to. I always wanted to find exactly what the differences were and make just those changes - I never pursued it...

If you do this, be sure to disconnect the phone line. You'll also need to do a C&DE unless hacked.
    Steve