Thread: Can't run TCL scripts

Can't run TCL scripts

I know this is going to be something stupid, but I can't remember how to fix it. On my Tivo HD, TCL scripts won't run from the command line; instead, I get 'file not found' errors. Also, if I run a command like tvapppatch with 'tivosh ./tvapppatch.tcl -p patchfile.tcl' it doesn't run to completion and I have to Ctrl-C to get out. What am I forgetting?
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Some possibilities:
    • Your path does not include /tvbin.
    • Your script files have dos line endings instead of unix line endings. dos2unix fixes this.
    • Other environmental problems: check PATH, LDLIBRARYPATH, TV_STD, TV_LOCALE, TIVO_ROOT, TIVO_REMOTE, hpk_implementation, SwSystem. These and other environment variables are set by the tivo startup scripts. Some of them may be required by tivosh.

One thing to check: does tivosh run correctly from the command line and display the "%" prompt?

Thanks, Jamie. I had checked most of those and things were fine, so I started to suspect that I had a bad image. I got a clean instantcake image and the above problem was gone.
    Different question: what's the correct procedure for creating a hack partition? I used the instantcake image with mfslive and did not expand my 1TB drive. I then partitioned the unallocated space as:
    14: Third MFS application region
    15: Third MFS media region (780GB)
    16: Ext2 partition (1.8 GB)
    After this I ran mfsadd for partitions 14/15, and later I ran mke2fs on partition 16 and mounted it as /usr. Everything SEEMS fine, but I was having trouble with the other image at this point: if I updated bootpage or patched tivoapp, it became unusable. I assume that's due to a bad image, but I'm paranoid at this point so a thumbs up would be much appreciated. I can't believe how much of this stuff I've forgotten since I first did it...
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!