Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: DSR6000 Stuck at 100% complete

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2

    DSR6000 Stuck at 100% complete

    Hi,

    Two of my three DSR6000's are behaving badly. I've swapped drives, cables and versions to no avail. I've tried the original drives and have made 2 new tivo drives from scratch. Each and every time everything works as its suppose to. I get live tv, recording works and it successfully can be rebooted without disconnecting the sat cables. Then for no apparent reason it drops out of live tv and has to re-acquire information. It gets to 100% and just stays there. I can get to any of the tivo central menus, but no live tv. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,601
    It's either an image (software) problem, a hardware problem, or a signal issue. The fact that only two of the three units have a problem tends to eliminate the chance it is a signal issue, however note that DirecTV has changed the guide format recently.

    That would lead to it either being a hardware problem or a configuration issue. Have you tried cloning the drive in the working unit and installing it in a non-working unit, then running a C&DE? How long have you let a unit sit at 100%?

    PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

    "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

    HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2
    Hi,
    I thought of cloning, but I lost one unit by merely moving it to a different loacation. I had a bad hard drive in the den. I took that unit out and replaced it with one from my bedroom while I swapped the drive and imaged. And it got stuck. All were on UPS systems, but the battery got funky in the den and probably led to the hd failure. So I'm thinking it's a cold start that hurts me. If i re-image from scratch, I can get everything working as it should from 1 to 10 hours then it has to reacquire and stops at 100%. It also works (for awhile) if I do a clean and delete everything. I'm guessing it's a hardware limitation of the dsr6000 buffer size. My guess it's full without ever getting a eof marker and just sits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •