Thread: Newbie could use some advice on fixing a problem with TyTool 10r4..

Newbie could use some advice on fixing a problem with TyTool 10r4..

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this... but I'm kind of a newbie so here goes..

To make a real long story short, to fix a local channels problem with my hacked DTivo..I've updated it from software 6.2 to 6.4a. I've got networking back and have Telnet, FTP, and TWP up and running. I had TyTools on it before and trying to get it back. My unit had this on it when I bought it. Through a TON of research, I've got TServer on my box I found a 6.4a patch for the encryption on post #42 of this thread:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...4a-has-arrived

I've applied the patch successfully (so it tells me) and I'm able to use TyTools successfully throughout the extraction process up until I'm multiplexing the file. When I do it, the mux'ing process ends almost instantaneously...leaving me with an mpeg that's only a second long. I have a feeling it has something to do with the patch because take a look at the two attached docs I made showing the progress of a newly recorded show and one that successfully mux'ed because it was extracted BEFORE I updated the software and the patch...The one labeled "Old Hack" shows that the type of Tivo detected is an S2..the other one labeled "New Hack" shows an HDTivo. Could this be my problem or is there something else I'm missing that's causing the super short mux'ing on the new setup?

I've searched thread after thread and would REALLY appreciate any assistance to fix this. I've posted this in the extraction forum as well in case I'm in the wrong spot here...Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by l2bengtrek View Post
    Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this... but I'm kind of a newbie so here goes..

To make a real long story short, to fix a local channels problem with my hacked DTivo..I've updated it from software 6.2 to 6.4a. I've got networking back and have Telnet, FTP, and TWP up and running. I had TyTools on it before and trying to get it back. My unit had this on it when I bought it. Through a TON of research, I've got TServer on my box I found a 6.4a patch for the encryption on post #42 of this thread:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...4a-has-arrived

I've applied the patch successfully (so it tells me) and I'm able to use TyTools successfully throughout the extraction process up until I'm multiplexing the file. When I do it, the mux'ing process ends almost instantaneously...leaving me with an mpeg that's only a second long. I have a feeling it has something to do with the patch because take a look at the two attached docs I made showing the progress of a newly recorded show and one that successfully mux'ed because it was extracted BEFORE I updated the software and the patch...The one labeled "Old Hack" shows that the type of Tivo detected is an S2..the other one labeled "New Hack" shows an HDTivo. Could this be my problem or is there something else I'm missing that's causing the super short mux'ing on the new setup?

I've searched thread after thread and would REALLY appreciate any assistance to fix this. I've posted this in the extraction forum as well in case I'm in the wrong spot here...Thanks!

Same here, l2bengtrek: 6.2 -> 6.4a because of missing local channels, long time Tytool user, errors at 6.4 that make it unusable.

Finally got extraction working again:

Instantcake and PVTNet
    Superpatch for 6.4a
    Mfs_ftp with all the patches applied
    Tytompeg program

Thought about trying TysuiteJ, but tytompeg worked well so time to get on with life.

Goodbye Tytools. I'll miss you.

P.S. My series 1 running 3.10c (hacked it the hard way back in the day, not instant cake) won't get past satellite initialization. Same Directv program guide data change toast my series 1? Time to get the same model series 2 off of ebay and use the same instantcake cd ($40+$20 ugh!) to get rolling again.

P.P.S. I did see one post where it was suggested that Tytools had problems at 6.4. No explanation, no work around. Just mentioned it in passing. It's like finding a needle in a haystack, isn't it? Good luck!