Thread: Tivo 4 premiere , transfering incomplete files to PC

Tivo 4 premiere , transfering incomplete files to PC

Hi guys, I am having problems with my tivo premiere

I try to transfers files to PC using tivo dektop and / or kmttg , but some are incomplete....for example of a show that is 1h , only 30min or less or a littlemore, gets transfered to pc....

any help please ?
    Thank u

Quote Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
    Hi guys, I am having problems with my tivo premiere

I try to transfers files to PC using tivo dektop and / or kmttg , but some are incomplete....for example of a show that is 1h , only 30min or less or a littlemore, gets transfered to pc....

any help please ?
    Thank u
    Sorry I didn't see this when it was posted.

Any chance you're copying to a FAT32 partition instead of NT partition and hitting FAT32's file size limit?
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by unitron View Post
    Sorry I didn't see this when it was posted.

Any chance you're copying to a FAT32 partition instead of NT partition and hitting FAT32's file size limit?
    Hi there . I do not think that the problem is so technical.
    I mean, what I am doing is just using tivo desktop to copy the recorded videos to my pc...some can not be copied entirely....for example let's say the show on my tivo is 1h and 4GB ..... when I copy on my pc using tivo desktop, it is 3.4 GB and 50 min ..... these are made up numbers...what I am saying is tivo seems NOT able to copy the full show to my pc....they have cut / short files.

Thank you for the reply !!

Quote Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
    Hi there . I do not think that the problem is so technical.
    I mean, what I am doing is just using tivo desktop to copy the recorded videos to my pc...some can not be copied entirely....for example let's say the show on my tivo is 1h and 4GB ..... when I copy on my pc using tivo desktop, it is 3.4 GB and 50 min ..... these are made up numbers...what I am saying is tivo seems NOT able to copy the full show to my pc....they have cut / short files.

Thank you for the reply !!
    It's as much the PC copying the show from the TiVo as it is the TiVo copying it to the PC.

Have you given both fixed IP addresses?

Which version of Windows is the PC running?

What size is the partition where you have the My TiVo Recordings folder located?

Is it FAT32 or NT?

Is it on the same partition as TiVoDesktop.exe?

Is it on a different partition but on the same drive as TiVoDesktop.exe?

Does the TiVo have a lifetime subscription or are you paying it by the month?
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.