Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need channels.dat for your specific region?

NY Locals

Doeas anyone have the data file for NY locals?

This is for you if you are located in greater NYC. It may work for other areas on the east coast from Boston to Washington DC. follow the same instructions I posted above with the LA attachment.
    Last edited by superzap; 12-30-2001 at 10:29 PM.

Same Predicament as BigzBobz

I am having trouble getting the locals for Texas also. I have used the files as he posted and looked at yours also. At one point I get it to run okay using the first post on Texas locals. I wanted to change the 1-99 channel number so I can dictate where they show up. This worked for one channel. I also did the reload after I put the new files in tivo. This said most were bad, some were good and found one or two in the data base. Does editing the channels.dat file screw seomthing up when cross referencing the db. I tried to just edit the switch 0, 1, 2 to map it just to the 1-99 using the 1 switch. This screws it up also. I do not know how this is fixed. I am sure people are testing and will come up with something soon. I just wanted to give you my input to help with the process if it helps.

THanks.

Houston Dump

Here is houston dump. Hope it helps.

myfinz and BigzBobz

I have not put my locals in the 2-99 range but they work in the 8??-999 range. Do this with the files that I posted previously.

- del main.dat and channels.dat

- edit out auto start of mvchannels.tcl in rc.sysinit

- restart the reciever

- send main.dat and channels.dat back

- run mvchannels.tcl reload (don't worry about the errors, and just run it once.)

- run mvchannels.tcl -file=/var/hack/channels.dat

- edit in auto start of mvchannels.tcl in rc.sysinit

You should then have your channels in the 900s.

Boston locals

SuperZap, do you know if I can just edit the channels.dat to keep the Boston stations in the 1-99 range by changing the 2 to a 1 and change the NY stations from a 1 to a 2? Also, in your step by step on the 2nd page of this thread you don't have the line

"/var/hack/mvchannels.tcl -loop=0 -sdelay=3 -file=/var/hack/channels.dat > /dev/null & <enter>"

edited into the rc.sysinit, is this not needed or just assuming people already have this?

Hack351

You should be able to change the 1 to a 2 and vice versa.

The rc.sysinit statement is not needed unless you want to reassign the channel numbers. I had put a note in my step by step post above which stated that. At least that's been my experience as I'm in SF and the channels are holding. So, in other words, if you set all the last numbers to 1 you don't need the rc.sysinit statement.
    Last edited by superzap; 12-31-2001 at 01:01 PM.

Re: Houston Dump

Originally posted by lazerexp
    Here is houston dump. Hope it helps.
    Thanks but that file is not correct as it is not in the current format for v1.32 of mvchannels.tcl and it contains all the channels not just the ones viewable from Houston. Did you try the one for Texas posted earlier in this thread by robo1492?

Hi! Anybody have the data for Seattle?

anybody with columbus done?

Again if you can tell me exactly what local markets you can view and I will build the files. Unfortunately I don't have a dish on my RV yet and can't travel around checking things out. LOL
    Happy New Year

PS: Maybe Detroit and Columbus are the same? If so that's posted above.
    Seattle spot probably only contains Portland additionally. I built one that way and if it's not complete let me know.

Seattle test channels.dat:

I'm in the Buffalo area and get Detroit, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland. If you can help.

Here's Buffalo, there were 4 duplicate channel numbers in the 2-99 range and they will move to the 800-900 range.
    Cincinnati WLWT 5:903
    Cincinnati WXIX 19:907
    Cincinnati ???? 25:908
    Detroit WDIV 4:885

Just another data point...

In Central New Mexico, you can get:

880-883 (NY)
    938-943 (LA)
    All Denver locals
    Chicago (995)

It was weird in that a day or so ago, I could get the Salt Lake City locals, but today I cant.