Thread: Rc.sysinit - missing

Rc.sysinit - missing

Hey folks...

Was adding the 30 min - 60 min hack in the rc.sysinit file and deleted some info in there by mistake. How do I rebuild that file so I can make my changes once again?.

Any help is appreciated.

HQS

Re: Rc.sysinit - missing

Originally posted by HQS
    Hey folks...

Was adding the 30 min - 60 min hack in the rc.sysinit file and deleted some info in there by mistake. How do I rebuild that file so I can make my changes once again?.

Any help is appreciated.

HQS
    Always best to make a copy of critical system files before you mess around with them. That said, if you were using JOE, look for a file with a tilde at the end (rc.sysinit~). That should be the backup file the editor saved, and is hopefully complete.

Thanx for the info and yes it was thru Joe.
    Only thing is now when trying to obtain a bash prompt, I am immediately directed to the rc.sysinit file where the end missing data should be.
    I am missing the info from the fixsub.tcl(Surgeon's notes) down to the tail of the rc.sysinit.
    Anyway to resore this besides re-typing in the info and saving?.

HQS

Originally posted by HQS
    Thanx for the info and yes it was thru Joe.
    Only thing is now when trying to obtain a bash prompt, I am immediately directed to the rc.sysinit file where the end missing data should be.
    I am missing the info from the fixsub.tcl(Surgeon's notes) down to the tail of the rc.sysinit.
    Anyway to resore this besides re-typing in the info and saving?.

HQS
    Sounds like you may still be in JOE. This happened to me last nite. When you first start your bash terminal session, try pressing CTRL-C. If you are in Joe, it will let you escape out of it without changing the file.

If you are still JOE'd make sure you answer no to save chnages.

Then start over, but pay attention !! to what you are doing.

You are dabbling where others fear togo.

This is the operating sys of your TiVo.

TiVo never expected ppl to go f**king around here.

You can and will break it.

That is what this is all about.

If you f*k it up beyond repair start over.

Or you could try and fix it and become a Bubbaj or several other TiVo Gods that grace us with there knowledge.

Cool guys.. We got er. Was still in Joe and got kinda messed up. Forgot about Ctrl-C but when I remembered. No changes were made. Whew!. Thanx alot. Little scary there but chalk that up for a lessoned learned.

Thanx,

HQS