Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Showcases and Tivolution Magazine

24 Showcases and Tivolution Magazine

Ok While my DSR6K was downloading the files after a Xtreme25 load, I grabbed the files for showcases and tivolution magazine, I have the slice files, I tried to copy the files to another Tivo, but I have no idea what the trigger is to get the TiVo to install the slice files.

Any Ideas?

Switch

Unhappy

No one has any idea's?

could you post those slices somewhere so others could take a look?

If you post the slices to an FTP site we can try to work out the issues on our boxes to. Do you have a site for this? How big are the files?

Barry

I am in the process of finishing a 2.5 upgrader script which will allow Sony, Hughes, Phillips to upgrade to 2.5 without losing existing shows, ratings, etc.

If you can get the files to me I'll see if I can include them in the upgrade script. If you need an FTP site just PM me.

Digitz

Any suggestions on a FTP site to upload to?

See if you can put on ftp.abs.net/incoming

If not let me know and I'll PM you my private FTP address

If possible send me the contents of the log directory too. It will allow me to verify the integrity of the files using the md5 checksums.

Digitz

You can use my FTP.

U:tivo
    P:tivo

Anyone who wants them can get them there.

Ok its uploaded to both servers... on abs.net its packages.zip
    On lazers site its showcaseslicefiles.zip I thought about it after uploading and the second filename made more sense.

Ok lets go..!

Last edited by Switch; 01-01-2002 at 10:18 PM.

Got em. Looks like each file might be a mini mpeg. I won't know for sure until I try to load them. I don't see anything that looks like an activation file.
    As soon as my tivo gets done upgrading to 2.5 for the millionth time, I'll try loading them. If possible please post a zip of the log directory. There is some important information in the logs I need to load the files properly.

Thanks,

Digitz

I need to go get the TiVo back out of the RV, what dir are the log files in?

Same partition you got the slices from just look in /var/log instead of /var/packages

from the tivo bash prompt use:

ls /var/log | cpio -ov -Hcrc > /Logs.cpio

to combine all the files into one file called /Logs.cpio

Thanks,
    Digitz
    Last edited by Digitz; 01-02-2002 at 12:16 AM.

Switch...

Nice catch... I was looking for these as well, but still unsure how to make DTivo eat them.

As I had posted some time ago, I had purchased a new DSR6K and let it call home. First call, it grabbed the Showcases/Mag (and I forgot to capture the .gz's). Second call, it downloaded 2.5 (which I *did* capture the .gz's).

I backed up at "pending restart". So I have a "pending restart" for the DSR6K with the Showcases/Mag already embedded. I restored this to a different unit - it went through "installing software" etc.. When it come up, Magazine was already working, and Showcase worked the next day.

But I'd like to get a Sony unit to "eat" these slices you have...

Hey chipster,

if you have the backup handy how about putting it up on an ftp site. The more info I can get the easier it'll be to load the showcase slices. I have one minor glitch to work out with the 2.5 update slices before I can post a 2.5 upgrade. I can't quite get the 2.5 SwSystem object to register properly.

Thanks,
    Digitz