Thread: Sony T60 and remote?

35 Sony T60 and remote?

I am a newbie, but I have a question that I need answered. I have look around and have not found my answer.

I have a new Sony T-60 running, it is running great! (Thanks to all your great help!) counld not have done it with out you! But here is my question. I bought it at Best Buy and it had no remote. My friend has a Hughes Direct/Tivo also. He let me borrow his while on vacation the last 2 weeks. I went to best buy and told them I had no remote and they found one for this system. Probably the one mine was missing. Well a long story short the Sony Tivo remote does not work! It lights up like it wants to work but will not change the channels.

Is this the Sony remote that will not work on my system because it thinks it is a Phillips? Or is it a bad remote?

2nd question is there a way to make my Sony Tivo think it is a Sony? So when I boot up it says welcome to Sony? This is not that big of deal I just want my Sony remote to work. Friend is back and needs his remote!

Thanks again,

kjacks

If you imaged with the philips xtreme image, only a philips remote will work. Either get one or re-image with the t60 xtreme image.

Dennis

As was pointed out in a recent thread, Sony used 2 different T-60 remotes. Most come with the proper remote, the RM-Y809 while it appears for a short period around the end of 2000, they shipped T-60s with the remote (RMT-V-303) from the stand alone Sony Tivo. The two remotes are incompatable. Another thing to check is whether the remote is set to a different address than the receiver. This is a settable option so that you can control up to 3 Dtivos in the same room. I don't recall where that option appeared but a search should get you the answer.

well my rmt-v303 worked before xtreme and doesnt now. but a sony rm-y802 will . So I know i used the sony xtreme image. any suggestions??

You are correct.
    The sony remote will not work with the Phillips image.
    You could however find a serial number for a phillips TiVo cal Phillips tell them that your remote doesn't function correctly.
    Also when they ask you about the channel button tell them that page is on the button and not on the shell.
    They will send a new for free.

I used a Sony xtreme image on a sony t60. Seems i am not the only one who's rmt-v303 remote doesnt work after using xtreme. When IT DID work before xtreme.

No you are not the only one. On my T60 that originally came with the RMT-V303, before applying the Extreme 2.5 image, both the RMT-V303 and the RM-Y809 remotes could control my T60. Now only the RM-Y809 works. I would guess that only those T60s that came with the V303 had codes for both while those that came with the correct RM-Y809 only have codes for that remote. No doubt the T60 Extreme image came from an RM-809 equipt unit that didn't have the additional V303 codes. That is why your V303 is no longer functional. The only reason I could see for Sony to provide the SA version remote with T60s is that they obviously ran out of remotes and rather than stop production for the Christmas 2000 season they utilized the v303 remotes despite the fact they are missing some important buttons. I think it would be only fair for Sony to suppy the correct remote upon customer complaint as you do lose considerable ease of use with the SA remote. I never did figure out how to switch to the Tivo guide with the original remote missing the display button. They know they pulled a fast one.
    Last edited by Frosty; 01-20-2002 at 10:53 PM.

Is there anyone who has not applied Sony Xtreme 2.5 to thier system, and is at 2.5 that has thier v303 remote working. And if so can't we just copy over the remote files?