Thread: Tivo Resets

Unhappy Tivo Resets

I put Sony 25xtreme on my sony Sat-60 and run the Fixsub for the subscribtion and the Rmlogs file to clean out the log file. My problem is after 2 or 3 days tivo resets and hangs up in the powering up mode? It just keeps rebooting to the power up mode. I have re-installed 25xtreme 3 times.... Any Ideas

Reseat all of the cables inside the tivo.

Check particularly the small ribbon cable between the power supply and the MB.

I guess my first question would be why does it reset? My T-60 has never reset on its own. I do know however, if it resets while trying to do a lot to the hard drive, then you can get problems when trying to restart. If you are unplugging it to reset it, always use the reset function from the system menu, then unplug when it says powering up. Remember, TIVO runs on Linux which is an operating system that needs to shut down properly if you want it to come up again without issues.

35 Not Sure

Just like last night, it had been up for 2 days and while watching the superbowl, the screen flickered and froze then went to the power up screen. Then that is where it stays... I unplug it and wait a min then plug it back in and it stays at the power up screen. The only thing I can do at that point is to reload 25xtreme. I have rechecked connections and everything seems to be fine.. Dont Know what else to do?

See what you get for watching the superbowl? I was palying hide and seek with the kids and my tivo still works fine..