Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ccc - Free Tivo 2.5g Files

I am work now and i just cut a serial cable and a speaker cable and hooked them up like in the how to's. I was looking for a how to get the bash prompt form the tivo drive connected to the serial port? what programs do i need? i take it z modem. i am runnning windows xp. I am going to install the tivo drive back into tivo and just power it up connected to just the computer. can i transfer the rc.sysinit file like that? or should i do it while the hd is connected to the computer and use linux?

Thanks,
    chris

yeah.. i just patched in the "surgeons sub-test" figureed that would be sufficient...

hint, hint the last few lines of the rc.sysinit....

which brings about the question of "since CCC makes no call to fixup in rc.sysinit (they dont, i checked again) how do THEY have fixup set to run?"
    -= Glitched =-

fixsub.tcl

Thanks... I will load run this script in the rc.sysinit.

JQ

They renamed it hack.tcl

Dennis

well.. they can name it whatever they like, my point being it isnt called from rc.sysinint anywhere
    -= Glitched =-

I think you will find that it is being called by /tvbin/tcl/tv/TClient-lib.itcl.

I'll check this evening and confirm if someone else hasn't by then.

Yeah goober!

hahahaa ... yeah, thats what i was suspecting also StanSimmons
    -= Glitched =-

fixsub.tcl or TClient-lib.itcl

I think stan is correct about the tivo sub. I also think that the serial number call we removed from the rc.sysinit is tied in somehow. I don't get a tivo sub without it. When I put in my own serial number in place of the XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX i get the subscription information.

CCC says to boot your dtivo and make the call three times or so
    until it errors out then it gives you an option for sales and marketing -- you select that and follow the steps and your done.. no more phone calls..

Anyways.. wish I had more time to mess with this.. maybe this weekend.. good luck

jq

CCC TClient-lib.itcl

CCC TClient-lib.itcl

jquest,

You sent TClient.itcl not TClient-lib.itcl.

Okay now i am lost with this tclient.txt. Ber with me i am sorry. I am a newbie just trying to learn. I made a copy of my ccc image. restored it to a new unit never turned on before. Now when i try and copy rc.sysinit.txt to the new tivo unit( i guess now i am going to do tclient) i use these commmands and get no file by that name
    mkdir /mnt/td
    mount /dev/hdc4 /mnt/td where hdc is my tivo drive on secondary master
    cp /mnt/dos/rcsysini.txt /mnt/td/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

where am i going wrong. i downloaded the file to my root and did not open it in windows.

Thanks,
    chris

Okay same as above post but tried to substitue rcsysini with tclient.txt. still no file by that name found. But when i boot back windows it is there in my root. the drive i am using is an old windows 95 machine

Thanks,
    chris

Chris

I guess you have mounted the DOS HD and it is FAT or FAT32? If you don't know, boot windoze 95 and check the properties for the drive.
    Do a
    ls /mnt/dos
    in linux to make sure the file is there. Don't do anything with that TClient file. When you enter linux commands make sure you observe the upper/lower case, because linux is case sensitive.

zap your right i just checked the properties page and it is FAT. can i copy it to a floppy and then
    mkdir /foo
    mount /dev/fd0 /foo
    cp /foo/rcsysini.txt /mnt/hdc

is that the right command?