Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ccc - Free Tivo 2.5g Files

jquest1234 glad to hear that you figured it out. I propose a solution to the people who do not have a copy of the CCC image, what if 30 of us each pitch in $10 to get jquest1234 to purchase a copy of the CCC image therefore allowing him to post it along with the how-to posted above or a more detailed how-to. Or jquest1234 maybe you can work out a deal with your buddy that will allow you to post the image. Afterall it doesn't make since to purchase another CCC copy when your buddy already has one. Does anyone else have the CCC image posted somewhere? Regardless I would like a copy of the CCC image. How about it guys? jquest1234 would you be interested in such a project? I'm willing to put $10 in, is anyone else? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Tivo4free; 01-16-2002 at 06:02 AM.

Showcase/mag on CCC

Zap,

When you access the Showcase / Mag options you get the message "will be available in 3 days"

CBR

Tivo Magazine

The tivo magazine says it will be available in the next three days on both the CCC modified unit and the copied unit.

JQ

P.S.

We need to start a new thread soon.. only 14 replys left!

Last edited by jquest1234; 01-16-2002 at 11:54 AM.

I wonder if, with the ccc image, you are still getting the daily service data downloads? These contain the showcases/magazine data but just take up space since they are never activated because of no phone call. Go to System Info and you can see. One of the features ccc hypes is that service updates are blocked and if the daily downloads are happening ... well they're just blowing some smoke and it's not the good kind.
    I still don't see any advantage to using the ccc hack.

Service Data

It says SERVICE DATA UNAVAILABLE. Does this mean it's not downloading the data ? Does anyone know in which directory the service downloads are stored?

JQ
    Last edited by jquest1234; 01-16-2002 at 02:03 PM.

I believe SERVICE DATA UNAVAILABLE means that the daily service data downloads are not occuring. On the v2.5Xtreme image this will show a Last/Successful date-time, Attempt date-time, Status (which for me is Completed). If this is the case, then maybe the ccc image does have an advantage over v2.5Xtreme other than just the logs cleanup. The service data is stored in the MFS and therefore is hard to locate (for me at least). I think chipster might want to do some analysis on the ccc image.

Since the service data downloads are believed to allow future software upgrades, it is important that these be disabled. The downloads for now only contain showcases/magazines, which may be causing MFS space to be used and recording capacity to be reduced.
    Last edited by superzap; 01-16-2002 at 02:19 PM.

I believe SERVICE DATA UNAVAILABLE means that the daily service data downloads are not occuring. On the v2.5Xtreme image this will show a Last/Successful date-time, Attempt date-time, Status (which for me is Completed). If this is the case, then maybe the ccc image does have an advantage over v2.5Xtreme other than just the logs cleanup.

I built mine from scratch and mine says "None available" also

So I am not sure that it is anything extra special that they have done.

newlooper

I think you are correct. But I have a couple of DTiVos that were built manually by phone call downloads and they are still downloading daily showcases/mags. Can you describe how you built yours and from which sources?

superzap

I think the key is, and you can check me if I am wrong, but, I am running a script that does not allow channel 100. From what I can see, that is where the downloads come from. If there is no 100, no downloads!

It is just a theory, so I would like your opinion please. Other than that, I built it manually, probably much like yours.

jquest1234:

Have you looked around at the internals of your friends tivo for any physical hardware modifications? I am wondering if the CCC guy isolated/jumpered any contacts to physicaly write protect the prom at all.

jumpered prom was my first question abou the CCC hack.... but he swears there is no hardware modification. Ill tell you my only mystery.. bubbaJ, this i aimed at you (wink wink) what would not loading oslink do? because thats what they do at CCC.

P.S. runnning eric2040's tivotitle.tcl script, i get a weird thing, THIS..

i just dont understand why i get this in my now playing using that script

Title : TiVo Service Data
    Episode :
    Description: Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    fsid : 22396

but ill gaurente(deffinatly spelled wrong) one thing, this IS NOT in my now playing......

wondering if anyone else got this?
    Last edited by Glitched; 01-21-2002 at 11:41 AM.
    -= Glitched =-

what do you mean they aren't loading oslink?

Code:
    4)
    	echo "Installing both oslink (tuners $tuner1:$tuner2)"
    	irmicrofile='/sbin/irbmicro.hex'
    	insmod /lib/modules/oslink.o
    	cat $tunerboot1 > /dev/oslink
    	cat $tunerboot2 > /dev/oslink2
    	;;
    esac
    thats from the posted copy of the rc.sysinit from the 'freetivo' from ccc

If you didn't install the .btls, your tivo would not get TV..

CCC Hacked SAT T60 Dtivo Unit

We looked over the unit with a fine tooth comb. We couldn't find any hardware modifications. I guess, if it would please everyone, we could take a picture of the inside of the unit.

JQ

i must be mistaken.. there was one important (looked important tome) module that CCC wasnt loading, let me look t it agagin, and report back with more concrete evidence, pulled oslink off the top of my head, was 99% sure thats what it was, although it obviously was not...
    -= Glitched =-