Thread: loop=0

loop=0

How do you stop the loop when activating locals so you can proceed to modifying the sysinit file????

Re: loop=0

Originally posted by sqrl
    How do you stop the loop when activating locals so you can proceed to modifying the sysinit file????
    Sounds like you started the script from the command line and didn't include the ampersand (&) at the end, so you didn't get your bash prompt back.

If you didn't already modify the rc.sysinit file, just reboot the box. You'll get the bash prompt back and can do whatever you want.

If you modified the rc.sysinit and forgot to add the &, then I'm not sure you'll have any recourse other than putting the drive in your PC, booting from a linux disk, and then making the changes to correct the rc.sysinit.

If you have not already rebooted, then you should be able to do a control-C to stop the script.
    Last edited by genericuser; 01-17-2002 at 10:05 AM.

Originally posted by genericuser
    If you have not already rebooted, then you should be able to do a control-C to stop the script.
    I've never seen CTRL-C work to stop anything on my TiVo. Do you know something we don't?

Probably not...

Ill try it tonight and see if it works.

this is exactly what i did

chmod +x mvchannels.tcl
    ./mvchannels.tcl reload
    ./mvchannels.tcl -loop=0 -file=/var/hack/channels.dat
    cd /etc/rc.d
    ls
    edit rc.sysinit
    ^K
    V
    /var/hack/mvchannels.tcl -loop=0 -sdelay=3 -file=/var/hack/channels.dar > /dev/null &
    ^K
    d
    ^K
    x

I dont think the loop is starting in the sysinit because after i get all done the channels all seem to migrate to 0-100

Is the script above correct?

Your line is wrong.

It should be:

-file=/var/hack/channels.dat

you have:

-file=/var/hack/channels.dar

If you do a tail on /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, do you see your added line as the last line?