Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only

It's in /tvbin

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    It's in /tvbin
    tried that and it said -o was an invalid something or other...I give up!

well crud!!

I thought I had blocked updates. now have 3.5c-01-1-1011

anyone have the new echo string to edit tivoapp file to disable encryption?

HELP!

Need help with Mux'ing using TyTool 10r4

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this since I'm kind of a newbie...but here goes..

To make a real long story short, to fix a local channels problem with my hacked DTivo..I've updated it from software 6.2 to 6.4a. I've got networking back and have Telnet, FTP, and TWP up and running. I had TyTools on it before and trying to get it back. My unit had this on it when I bought it. Through a TON of research, I've got TServer on my box I found a 6.4a patch for the encryption on post #42 of this thread:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...4a-has-arrived

I've applied the patch successfully (so it tells me) and I'm able to use TyTools successfully throughout the extraction process up until I'm multiplexing the file. When I do it, the mux'ing process ends almost instantaneously...leaving me with an mpeg that's only a second long. I have a feeling it has something to do with the patch because take a look at the two attached docs I made showing the progress of a newly recorded show and one that successfully mux'ed because it was extracted BEFORE I updated the software and the patch...The one labeled "Old Hack" shows that the type of Tivo detected is an S2..the other one labeled "New Hack" shows an HDTivo. Could this be my problem or is there something else I'm missing that's causing the super short mux'ing on the new setup?

I've searched thread after thread and would REALLY appreciate any assistance to fix this. I will also post this in the Newbie forum in case I'm in the wrong spot here...Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by l2bengtrek; 04-30-2012 at 02:24 AM.

I could really use someone's help..I'm running 6.4a on my DTivo DSR704 and as seen in the previous post, I'm having problems Muxing extracted shows. I've properly installed the correct encryption patch and have verified that encryption is disabled using the popular CIPHERCHECK utility. I'm also able to use TyTool to access the Dtivo and extract the .ty file. The problem is that it gives me a bunch of error messages when I Multiplex the file. See attached Word Doc with a screen capture of the TyTool GUI:

Mux Error Screen.doc

I've searched all of the extraction threads here along with a TON of others. I've seen where other posters have had this error..but could not find a solution posted by anyone else. Is there anything or anyone that can help? Thanks!

Time to switch to MFS_FTP

Quote Originally Posted by l2bengtrek View Post
    I could really use someone's help..I'm running 6.4a on my DTivo DSR704 and as seen in the previous post, I'm having problems Muxing extracted shows. I've properly installed the correct encryption patch and have verified that encryption is disabled using the popular CIPHERCHECK utility. I'm also able to use TyTool to access the Dtivo and extract the .ty file. The problem is that it gives me a bunch of error messages when I Multiplex the file. See attached Word Doc with a screen capture of the TyTool GUI:

I've searched all of the extraction threads here along with a TON of others. I've seen where other posters have had this error..but could not find a solution posted by anyone else. Is there anything or anyone that can help? Thanks!
    Same here, l2bengtrek: 6.2 -> 6.4a because of missing local channels, long time Tytool user, errors at 6.4 that make it unusable.

Finally got extraction working again:

Instantcake and PVTNet
    Superpatch for 6.4a
    Mfs_ftp with all the patches applied
    Tytompeg program

Thought about trying TysuiteJ, but tytompeg worked well so time to get on with life.

Goodbye Tytools. I'll miss you.

P.S. My series 1 running 3.10c (hacked it the hard way back in the day, not instant cake) won't get past satellite initialization. Same Directv program guide data change toast my series 1? Time to get the same model series 2 off of ebay and use the same instantcake cd ($40+$20 ugh!) to get rolling again.

Insert DTV S2 recordings to SA 1 TiVo Blues

Hi,

I have recordings on DTV S2 TiVo that I would like insert the recordings in SA 1 TiVo. When I use mfs_ftp Mr. TiVo is not happy and kills mfs_ftp. Is there an easy way to convert my S2 recordings so they can be played on my old SA1 TiVo?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Scott

You may have to convert to MPEG2 and then insert that way. I am pretty sure trying to do this with the .ty files won't work.
    Steve

Find this compression package contains a called mplex, a command-line multiplexer written by Christopher MOAR. When choosing the color, consider the Mens Black Leather Driving Shoes you already have cwmalls.com then buy a Men Slim Black Trench Coat that goes with the clothes you usually wear.
    Last edited by infoleather; 08-31-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    There are two types of people in this world: those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't.