Thread: TivoHD 2TB bootlooping

TivoHD 2TB bootlooping

Hi all,

Been a while since I needed help.
    Got a TivoHD 2TB HD that bootloops at the "Almost there" screen.

Put in my orig 160GB drive and boots fine. Also restored and expanded a spare 500GB HD w/WinMFS and boots OK as well.
    So issue is definitely w/the 2TB HD. Ran HDAT2 and it found a bad sector and supposedly repaired it, but still bootloops. Currently running spinrite on the 2TB.

Don't need all the shows recorded on the HD but would like to at least keep some so....

Questions:

1. If I do any restore from original "working" HD to 2TB (HD, Kernel, bootpage) with WinMFS, will I loose/screw up my recordings?

2. Is there any new tools to extract recordings one by one? (I remember this was a major PITA years ago)

3. Any way to setup new main Tivo HD and add non booting 2TB HD w/eSATA and shows in tact?

Thanks in advance.

If I remember right, you have to use the other program for a 2TB. I think it's jfms or something like that but check the other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    If I remember right, you have to use the other program for a 2TB. I think it's jfms or something like that but check the other forum.
    Used WinMFS to initially setup 2TB years ago. Been rock solid up to ~1 month ago. Random reboots, and now bootlooping. Just hoping I can get some shows off before re-format or replace the HD.

Spinrite halted due to 700GB issue. Knew it would but hoped it would fix the HD issue before it crashed. No luck, Tivo still bootloops. Grabbed a spare 2TB and will setup as a new Tivo drive. Still want to try to get shows off the non-booting HD. Tried another tool and it error'd that it could not read the partition. So thinking that the volume/partition info is screwed up. Have tools to recover data from Windoze and Mac disks but never had to on a Tivo formatted HD. Anybody tried something like TestDisk http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk or something else to extract the data?

Replaced the 2TB with another. Forgot about the wdidle issue with the WD green drives, that took an extra day to figure out But now tivos back up and running. Still have the other 2TB with all my shows and season passes. Guess I'll ask one last time if anyone has any ideas on extracting shows and season pass info, or point me towards a guide somewhere. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DuhhThrifty1 View Post
    Replaced the 2TB with another. Forgot about the wdidle issue with the WD green drives, that took an extra day to figure out But now tivos back up and running. Still have the other 2TB with all my shows and season passes. Guess I'll ask one last time if anyone has any ideas on extracting shows and season pass info, or point me towards a guide somewhere. Thanks

Did you run wdidle3.exe on the original 2TB drive and find that Intellipark needed to be disabled?

If so, and you did, does the original now work?

If your cable company hasn't screwed you over with the CCI anti-copy bit, you could use the free version of TiVo Desktop to copy the files from the original and then copy them to the new drive, or copy the recent recordings from the new drive over to the original.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.