Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: TivoHD and MPEG4

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456
    Darn it, I got this error message... "Abort: expected 0x00008021 but got 0x34a5984c @ 0x00772e70."

    Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Here is the exact error and the files I'm using...

    Code:
    TivoHD:tvapppatch.tcl
    
    tvapppatch.tcl 1.8, 3/10/2010 ("tvapppatch.tcl -help" for instructions)
    
    We will be patching the running tivoapp.
    When done, the patched file will be /tvbin/tivoapp, and
    the running tivoapp will be renamed to /tvbin/tivoapp.foo.
    (it can't be deleted while running)
    Patching active TiVo Software version 11.0n.B1-01-2-652
    Looking for patches in ./tvapppatches.tcl...
    patch_11.0n found!...OK
    
    Make sure you've backed up your tivoapp!
    Ready to patch (Y/N)? y
    
    Verifying patch locations...
    Abort: expected 0x00008021 but got 0x34a5984c @ 0x00772e70.
    tvapppatch.tcl
    tvapppatches.tcl

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456
    I see what the error is telling me, there is a problem with this part of the patch settings...

    if { [regexp {^11\.0n.B1-01-2} $sw] } {
    set patcha "patch_11.0n"
    set patchd "desc_11.0n"
    }

    array set patch_11.0n {
    0x005d2e0c "104000aa 100000aa"
    0x006562c0 "30b000ff 00008021"
    0x006562e4 "00e08821 24110000"
    0x00772e70 "00008021 24100001"
    0x010826a0 "30b000ff 00008021"
    0x009b3c28 "12400003 10000003"
    0x00b8f55c "14400026 10400026"
    0x00b93c20 "0c2e527f 00000000"
    0x007c5160 "10400008 10000008"
    0x0056a3c4 "1200ffaf 1000ffaf"
    0x00598044 "1200ff87 1000ff87"
    }

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    I see what the error is telling me, there is a problem with this part of the patch settings...
    That's the line which enables backdoor. PP said cci patches are the same. Said nothing about patches for other "features". Why don't you just patch for cci?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    That's the line which enables backdoor. PP said cci patches are the same. Said nothing about patches for other "features". Why don't you just patch for cci?
    That still didn't work for me, now it's complaining about the patch for ccci3...

    Perhaps you can tell us which patches they were able to use?

    Also, I can upload my tivoapp file if someone is kind enough to take a look?

    File /var/hacks/tvapppatches.tcl saved.
    TivoHDatch
    patching tivoapp

    tvapppatch.tcl 1.8, 3/10/2010 ("tvapppatch.tcl -help" for instructions)

    We will be patching the running tivoapp.
    When done, the patched file will be /tvbin/tivoapp, and
    the running tivoapp will be renamed to /tvbin/tivoapp.foo.
    (it can't be deleted while running)
    Patching active TiVo Software version 11.0n.B1-01-2-652
    Looking for patches in /var/hacks/tvapppatches.tcl...
    patch_11.0n found!...OK

    Make sure you've backed up your tivoapp!
    Ready to patch (Y/N)? y

    Verifying patch locations...
    Abort: expected 0x00e08821 but got 0x1440ffc7 @ 0x006562e4.
    Last edited by Soapm; 01-29-2016 at 12:02 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    That still didn't work for me, now it's complaining about the patch for ccci3...

    Perhaps you can tell us which patches they were able to use?

    Also, I can upload my tivoapp file if someone is kind enough to take a look?
    I haven't received the update. You can wait until someone posts the patches. One of experts suggested a window's hex editor. Search for the value then replace. It will take some searching to find the post. You're welcome to search. Tivoapp is different, I'd expect at least some of the boatcges will be different

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    I haven't received the update. You can wait until someone posts the patches. One of experts suggested a window's hex editor. Search for the value then replace. It will take some searching to find the post. You're welcome to search. Tivoapp is different, I'd expect at least some of the boatcges will be different
    I can wait, everything else is working (TWP, Telnet, etc...) along with the encryption but hey, I can live with that.... I thought I could upload my Tivoapp file for someone to take a look but looks like Comcast turned off my personal web space. So now I need to look for a free place to host my files...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    33
    No one here from SF or Chicago? Really very curious to hear if anyone is using the CCI patch w/H.264 recordings.

    Comcast MPEG-4 market list - https://support.tivo.com/articles/Fe...Select-Markets

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •