Thread: Looking for new hobby

Looking for new hobby

I've been reading a little but have not found answers so here are my questions - if the answers need to be by pm I will read them too. I love TiVo but have not had one in years so first question --- must you have a TiVo account to use a TiVo and get guide and recording options ? I have several tivos stacked up on a shelf somewhere most bought used from long ago - yes old hobby also long ago. If I wanted to read up on Linux and the info here and spend time on a new hobby then what are the benefits other than having something to play with during the winter months or exactly what can be accomplished with this new hobby ? I am only interested in recording over the air tv and watching it when I want to. Can this be done with what I have ? (Bunch of old TiVo boxes) and If I know nothing on the subject and have no friends that play for support then can that be found here ? thanks for any suggestions or info

I am unaware of any option to use a TiVo box to record without service, and we don't permit discussion of that topic in this forum. The box isn't really useful as a general Linux box as its hardware isn't recognized by available DVR software (MythTV and the like.)
    Steve

Thanks. That is the information I was looking for