Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11.0n.B1-01-2-652 for Tivo HD

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    I don't use any of the no encryption patches. My memory, someone can correct me if my memory is wrong, is we can't MRV non-encrypted programs to a non-hacked DVR. Since I don't know of a way to hack my Roamio I leave encryption alone. Please PM me if there is a way to hack Roamios

We used to disable encryption so we could use tools like tytivo and tystudio to download (and edit) video to a computer. Tools like kmttg use tivo to go and work fine with encrypted files.

I use the CCI patches.

I don't see the need to install joe or any of the utilities we used to use. I make sure I have telenet and ftp enabled in my author file, with the appropriate files in my path.
    Since I have a Roamio and Premiere, I am like you, I will use cci1,2,3 and backdoors, thats it
    What did you use to do the patches?

I don't see the need to install joe or any of the utilities we used to use. I make sure I have telenet and ftp enabled in my author file, with the appropriate files in my path.
    Sure. I personally like to have some of the extended linux commands so I put busybox and some other stuff in, still. I also like to have tivoweb active.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...tvapppatch-tcl

I ftp tvappatch to var, I edit the second file with whatever hacks I'm using, ftp it to var then run it.

I'm not sure what I'd use tivoweb for. Last time I used it was to undelete a program. Stopping installing tivo web years ago.

I'm not sure what I'd use tivoweb for.
    Actually this is all just theoretical for me since I don't even have cable. But tivoweb is good for headless HD setups (e.g. for harvesting cci-crippled channels).

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...tvapppatch-tcl

I ftp tvappatch to var, I edit the second file with whatever hacks I'm using, ftp it to var then run it.

I'm not sure what I'd use tivoweb for. Last time I used it was to undelete a program. Stopping installing tivo web years ago.
    Reordering season passes.
    Renaming shows.

I take no credit for this. psxboy posted the patch information. Another poster came up with tivoapppatch.tcl I took psxboy's patches and updated a tivoapppatches.tcl file Edit it if you want any of the patches I don't use or don't want some of the patches I use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you! I was able to upgrade yesterday and install the patches. It's been a while but I still have an old thumb drive labeled TiVo Tools. I'm going to keep that in a safe place in case I need it again.
    You guys rock!

Is anyone having any trouble transferring the new MPEG4 files after upgrading to 11.0n and patching? TiVo records and plays but I cannot move any of MPEG4 records off via Desktop or web server. When I open them I get errors. I tried standard definition encrypted channels and MPEG2 HD and have no problems so I don't think it is the CCI patches. MPEG4 with CCI 0x00 and 0x02 both have issues coming off my box.

Quote Originally Posted by pscud View Post
    Is anyone having any trouble transferring the new MPEG4 files after upgrading to 11.0n and patching? TiVo records and plays but I cannot move any of MPEG4 records off via Desktop or web server. When I open them I get errors. I tried standard definition encrypted channels and MPEG2 HD and have no problems so I don't think it is the CCI patches. MPEG4 with CCI 0x00 and 0x02 both have issues coming off my box.
    The workaround is to transfer mpeg4 files to a Roamio (or Premier or Bolt) then transfer to your computer.

MPEG4 files have to be downloaded as transport streams (ts). The 11.n allows us to record mpeg4 programs but didn't enable ts transfers. You'll have the same problem with any tool which uses tivo to go, including kmttg, pytivo....

The workaround is to transfer mpeg4 files to a Roamio (or Premier or Bolt) then transfer to your computer.

MPEG4 files have to be downloaded as transport streams (ts). The 11.n allows us to record mpeg4 programs but didn't enable ts transfers. You'll have the same problem with any tool which uses tivo to go, including kmttg, pytivo....
    This was good to know, there was a code change to pyTivo and I had to turn off TS setting since updating my Tivo. Now I know why...

I guess I'm not reading the right forums. I would not have figured that out on my own.
    All is working now. I'm glad my HD has a longer life. And the MPEG4 TS files transfer faster so it's not that bad.

I guess I'm not reading the right forums. I would not have figured that out on my own.
    All is working now. I'm glad my HD has a longer life. And the MPEG4 TS files transfer faster so it's not that bad.
    What did you do to get MPEG4 to transfer? Anything special or it just started working?

ah, our first report - I've been waiting for this. What is the bitrate? Can you upload a 30 second sample file somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    What did you do to get MPEG4 to transfer? Anything special or it just started working?
    I think he was following my workaround, MRV transfer to newer tivo (Roamio for example) then transfer from Roamio to PC.

Yep. From TiVo HD to Roamio to TiVo Desktop. It's annoying to do 2 hops. But moving the MPEG4 TS is much faster. Both between TiVos and to the desktop, the data goes much faster than the old MPEG2 files.

Looking at some random files, one is 1080p 29.97 at TS mux rate of 5.229. Another is 5.309. Video bitrates vary from 4.1 and 4.9.