Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 11.0n.B1-01-2-652 for Tivo HD

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    It's also possible to manually upgrade a hacked tivo from slices. If there are people interested in this, we can see if we can locate some 11.0n slices.
    I always thought that tivoapp was identical between the 648 (S3 OLED) and 652 (HD) units. If so, would it not be possible to upgrade a 648 to 11.0n via slices?
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    I always thought that tivoapp was identical between the 648 (S3 OLED) and 652 (HD) units. If so, would it not be possible to upgrade a 648 to 11.0n via slices?
    I don't want to sound snarpy but if the Tivo HD 10.0n software would give mpeg4 support to S3 units don't you think tivo would release it.

Hardware is different. Therefore drivers are different. The chipset vendor didn't even offer proper M card support.

Maybe the std S3 units do not have the mpeg4 chip in them?

Quote Originally Posted by philhu View Post
    Maybe the std S3 units do not have the mpeg4 chip in them?
    The have a different chip. Some posters on TCF mentioned the chip names.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    The have a different chip. Some posters on TCF mentioned the chip names.
    That explains it. They spent minimum time in this update. Probably used the Aussie version of code which worked on TivoHD

I just noticed that one HD which I haven't looked at for awhile reverted to 11.0m. Crap.

So, to lock the barn door, remembering: set the bootpage parameter "softwareupdate=false" and apply the nothanks tivoapp patch?

This may have happened because I installed n via image rather than by natural means but I really didn't think Tivo was doing the m "update" any more.

It was posted on the "other" TiVo site that if one were to send a message to: margret@tivo.com, with the appropriate HD or HD XL TSN, requesting that a unit be placed on the list to have 11.0n pushed to it, that she would most likely do it. I sent her a message on Friday indicating that I already had a unit on 11.0n and that I wanted the rest of my units on it as well and by this weekend 11.0n has appeared on both of my 11.0m TiVos. Note that I am not in a Comcast area so was not on TiVo's default list to get 11.0n pushed to me. I had previously asked (more than once) TiVo's telephone technical support to put me on the list but they indicated to me that no such list existed.

If you're interested in this method give it a try. Several people on the "other" site have had success with it as well - giving Margret various reasons for wanting the update.

You don't need to give various reasons. Short email. Give your TSN. Request your unit be authorized for 11.0n software. Mention you're not able to watch channels which your cable system is encoding as mp4.

Note many of the channels FiOS is encoding mp4 are not included in most packages.

It's actually:
    Code:
    upgradesoftware=false
    Doubt there will ever be another software version, but, to be fair, none of us expected this one...
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Comcast in the SF Bay Area has started it's transition to H.264 video so I was able to test transferring an .mp4 video recording off of a TiVoHD. I use MFS_FTP v1.2.9p to transfer videos from the Tivo and the .mp4 videos transfered fine, in either .tmf or .ty format. I use S3tots v1.3 to prepare the videos to be played or to be processed by VideoRedo and the default S3tots settings do not work. However, adding the -t command line switch allows the output .ts files to play fine (I've tested playback in Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic and Zoom) and also allows VideoRedo to read the S3tots output video.

Here is a tutorial on installing MFS_FTP (written by someone else): http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...507#post272507

Here is some info on S3tots: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...-stream-format

Note: MFS_FTP will only work on a modified TiVo and the TiVo must be on 11.0n if you want to record .mp4 video.

Quote Originally Posted by ktoyax View Post
    Comcast in the SF Bay Area has started it's transition to H.264 video so I was able to test transferring an .mp4 video recording off of a TiVoHD. .
    How do you know the codec and format of the shows on your Tivo?

I recorded video on a known Comcast H.264 channel (their test channel). Once MFS_FTP transferred the file to my local computer, I was able to process it with S3Tots. The resultant output file was an H.264 .ts video file.

Edit: I have upgraded to 11.0n.H1 and the behavior is the same. I am able to download encrypted .mp4 video (unencrypted using the CCI hack) using MFS_FTP and S3Tots and play them on a PC.
    Last edited by ktoyax; 09-19-2016 at 11:09 PM.