Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11.0n.B1-01-2-652 for Tivo HD

Quote Originally Posted by pscud View Post
    Yep. From TiVo HD to Roamio to TiVo Desktop. It's annoying to do 2 hops. But moving the MPEG4 TS is much faster. Both between TiVos and to the desktop, the data goes much faster than the old MPEG2 files.

Looking at some random files, one is 1080p 29.97 at TS mux rate of 5.229. Another is 5.309. Video bitrates vary from 4.1 and 4.9.
    TiVo HD to Tivo Desktop 2.8.3 doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by karpodiem View Post
    TiVo HD to Tivo Desktop 2.8.3 doesn't work?
    Already asked and answered.

Yep. As newbie said, you have to go indirectly as Desktop doesn't work with the new MPEG4 version.
    Does anyone know if kmttg works? This TiVo-TiVo-Desktop is getting old. It's faster but still.

Yep. As newbie said, you have to go indirectly as Desktop doesn't work with the new MPEG4 version.
    Does anyone know if kmttg works? This TiVo-TiVo-Desktop is getting old. It's faster but still.
    Already answered.

I did see the no answer but I asked because kmttg's website has this note for the 2/2/16 update: TS downloads enabled by default for new kmttg installations (due to advent of H.264 channels on several main providers now).
    This sounds like MPEG4 TS from TiVo HD should be supported. I don't want to mess around with Java and all the pieces to make it work though unless it's confirmed though.

I did see the no answer but I asked because kmttg's website has this note for the 2/2/16 update: TS downloads enabled by default for new kmttg installations (due to advent of H.264 channels on several main providers now).
    This sounds like MPEG4 TS from TiVo HD should be supported. I don't want to mess around with Java and all the pieces to make it work though unless it's confirmed though.
    I can't confirm it because I can't transfer TS from my TivoHD...

asked and asnwered

Edited to add You can go TCF. Kmttg and pytivo each have long support threads where these issues are discussed. I don't have the skill set to modify 11.0n to support ts.

How many times are posters in this thread going to ask the same question. A kid might ask his parents for a cookie, repeatedly until the parent changes his mind. Doesn't work with software. Wishing upon a star doesn't make it happen.

We're lucky a poster offered patch information. I don't think the posters who offered many of the tools are still using TivoHD. I have no idea hard it would be enabled ts.

I'm shocked tivo released 11.0n. Hoping for an 11.0o release, enabling ts is very unrealistic, JMO
    Last edited by newbie; 02-19-2016 at 11:40 AM.

figured this out...
    Last edited by philhu; 02-22-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philhu View Post
    figured this out...
    I bite. What did you figure out? How to modify the sofware to enable download as ts?

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    I bite. What did you figure out? How to modify the sofware to enable download as ts?
    Sorry, had a patch problem

Hey - My ban has been lifted! For some reason I decided to try to log in again today and no "banned RIP" message. Hope our many hundreds of posters here have all been well.

No momentous discoveries. 11.0n installs from an image quite well, no reason to have thought it wouldn't but I wanted to confirm it before I started offering images to my local group. A lot of people on TCF and "in real life" have been complaining about not getting the update from Tivo, even in affected Comcast areas. Tivo will put you on the update list if you call and are willing to work with a CSR who doesn't know what's going on, but you have to tell him that your provider is doing mpeg4; Tivo is still not ready to see this thing out there generally. Some users may just want to go ahead with an image.

There are no other code groupings in the new tivoapp similar enough to the cci bytes to confuse things, so brute force editing of the new tivoapp works fine, no worries for some who did that prior to psxboy's gracious posting of the patches or like me just like brute force anyway. A reported difficulty with doing that turned out to be an unrelated hard drive problem. A number of people are telling me they have had trouble with tivoapppatch.tcl. I can confirm that lrhorer's old hack_tivoapp continues to work fine. Again, no reason to think it wouldn't.

philhu's one pager here, with his typo correction, works very well; thanks for that. Make sure you tell anybody you give it to to get tivotools.tar out of the 7z package as a separate item in tivo-bin on the Tivo drive before you put it back into the Tivo. And write down and carefully make the partition adjustments as you go along (depending on whether you're 7/6 or 4/3) and how your Tivo drive and usb stick (or whatever) were assigned. There is quite a bit of variation possible in device assignment depending on what you've already got, not just one letter displacement.

As you've been discussing, getting ts capability is going to be a backbreaking chore. There are no "old timers" that I've been able to make contact with and the newer hobbyists looking at this seem to be playing around with some transplanting of huge sections of old code but they have no real comprehensive disassembly and this is a very mysterious landscape. Any work on the original series 3 won't even start for a very long time, if ever, and this would involve NEW code, not just transplanting. The feeling is there's just not a big enough audience, which is puzzling to me. Isn't the Tivo HD the ONLY dvr or mechanism in existence that will allow 1:1 digital copies of cci-crippled Cable shows?

Apparently the old timers here left very little behind in terms of documentation of what I call the Tivo "OS" (but I'm told by my betters that is a faulty way of looking at it) and the people with real knowledge of the source and who supposedly provided hints are gone. But I continue to believe that the unique capabilities of a modified Tivo HD make it worth working on to keep it alive.
    Last edited by Roger Dylan; 02-23-2016 at 04:09 PM.

In response to inquiries: WinMFS is one way to deal with Tivo system images. Specifically for those who say they have access to an updated Tivo it can be used to create an 11.0n image. It can then apply an 11.0n image to another un-updated Tivo. There is lots of documentation about WinMFS in old threads but its use is pretty obvious when you run it.

If you want to preserve your recordings, you're better off calling Tivo and trying to get them to put you on the update list.

It's also possible to manually upgrade a hacked tivo from slices. If there are people interested in this, we can see if we can locate some 11.0n slices.

I wonder if there's a version of "The Slicer" around that would work with the HD? As I recall the script was sold to someone who was trying to sell it commercially for awhile, but I think he gave it up and it went back into free distribution. I'm sure I can get hold of 11.0n slice files themselves if there is really some interest.

Jamie- TivoHD customers who have mpeg4 programs, and ask for an upgrade, are getting authorized within 24 hours. My memory--we upgraded with slices when were using Frankenstein software. Running tivo software on Dtivo units or a variety of hacks which required monte. Circumstances where you didn't want stock software. I don't see the need for slices.

Roger--You don't need the slicer. My memory is we ftpd the slices to the unit, ran dbload then updated using the same process described my posts i.e. run the install script (editing out the reboot command) apply hacks the reboot.

Australia and New Zealand had Tivo HD. Tivo released software to that market which supported mpeg4 programs and use of transport streams. Rumor is tivo dusted off that code and incorporated it in 11.0n. Rumor is that's the reason there wasn't an update for the original S3 units. Hardware is different and there isn't any existing software to port.

I wonder what it would take to enable ts in 11.0n I don't know if the Australian software is even floating around.