Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 127 of 127

Thread: 11.0n.H1-01-2-652 for Tivo HD

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    55
    partition 3 (and 6) contain a raw kernel, not a file system, so you can't mount it as a file system.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    83
    Kayle - Thank you for the response. I am looking forward to your guide as it will hopefully provide a basis for understanding the process. The problem I have with trying to identify the salient points in some threads, is that the discussion is rarely linear. Maybe I am just getting older (70s) but I find myself confused more than not. I will wait to see what else is discussed in this thread - it seems the most relevant set of postings for this current Tivo update. Thank you again for your expertise and your patience. And thanks to the many veteran posters for their help as well. Some Linux forums are not very friendly toward novices. This forum is the opposite. svenn

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    83
    Just a follow up thank you. To Kayle and ScanMan for their consistently informative and illustrative posts; to psxboy for the current patch codes; to mhchu for some nuggets hiding in plain sight, and especially to lrhorer (love the scripts and really appreciate the help over the years). 11.0n.H1 hacked and running fine - looking forward to J1.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Somewhere IN, USA
    Posts
    108
    Here's an status update on my upgrade from Hell:

    (Edited from earlier today...)

    I figured out the issues (except for modifying the Bash prompt) I was trying to fix earlier. Now trying to perform the app patches from Post #1 and am having issues.

    I copied the new data into an older tvapppatches-11.0m file and renamed it with the 11.0n designation. Went in and changed every 11.0m to 11.0n. Then tried running tvapppatch.tcl.
    The program states it's looking for the patches in a file called tvapppatches.tcl and dies. So, I copy the tvapppatches-11.0n.tcl over to a file called tvapppatches.tcl and try running again. This time it claims "Abort: Patch not found."

    Both files appear to be identical. I ran chmod 755 on all the tvappp* files. What am I missing? Additionally, how do I run the bufferhack code?
    Last edited by Sbmocp; 11-06-2016 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Link didn't work.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Somewhere IN, USA
    Posts
    108
    I could really use some help, please...

    I went back through the modified tvapppatches-11.0m.tcl (copied to tvapppatches.tcl) and saw a couple of things I hadn't changed. Here's the resulting code after making those tweaks:
    Code:
    #
    # tvapppatches.tcl is not meant to be run directly.
    # it is sourced by tvapppatch, and contains patches to be
    # applied to tivoapp.  The format is as below, with the name set
    # to "patch_"+sw version, followed by the patch location, the
    # expected original contents, and the new value.
    #
    # If the original contents field is set to "dontcare", it will
    # not be checked.
    #
    # input: sw (software version)
    # output: patcha (array name for patch)
    #
    
    if { [regexp {^11\.0n-H1-01-2} $sw] } {
        set patcha "patch_11.0n"
        set patchd "desc_11.0n"
    }
    
    array set patch_11.0n {
    0x005d2978 "104000aa 100000aa"
    0x00655e2c "30b000ff 00008021"
    0x00655e50 "00e08821 24110000"
    0x01087fd4 "30b000ff 00008021"
    0x00772f40 "00008021 24100001"
    0x00964a20 "12400003 10000003"
    0x00b9c7e4 "14400026 10400026"
    0x00ba0ea8 "0c2e8721 00000000"
    0x007c4d04 "10400008 10000008"
    0x0056a4b8 "1200ffaf 1000ffaf"
    0x00597bb0 "1200ff87 1000ff87"
    }
    
    array set desc_11.0n {
    0x005d2978 "noencryption"
    0x00655e2c "cci1"
    0x00655e50 "cci2"
    0x01087fd4 "cci3"
    0x00772f40 "backdoors"
    0x00964a20 "deletethisrecording?"
    0x00b9c7e4 "30secskip"
    0x00ba0ea8 "nopauseads"
    0x007c4d04 "nothanks"
    0x0056a4b8 "ignoredrmsig1"
    0x00597bb0 "ignoredrmsig2"
    }
    When running tvapppatch.tcl, I get the following output message:
    "Patching active TiVo software version 11.0n-H1-01-2-652
    Looking for patches in ./tvapppatches.tcl...

    Abort: Patch not found."

    The file is there, it was CHMODded to 755. What's the program trying to tell me?

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbmocp View Post
    I could really use some help, please...
    <snip>

    When running tvapppatch.tcl, I get the following output message:
    "Patching active TiVo software version 11.0n-H1-01-2-652
    Looking for patches in ./tvapppatches.tcl...

    Abort: Patch not found."

    What's the program trying to tell me?
    I think you have the software named wrong; it's .H1 not dash...
    Code:
    if { [regexp {^11\.0n.H1-01-2} $sw] } {
        set patcha "patch_11.0n.H1"
        set patchd "desc_11.0n.H1"
    }
    
    array set patch_11.0n.H1 {
    0x005d2978 "104000aa 100000aa"
    0x00655e2c "30b000ff 00008021"
    0x00655e50 "00e08821 24110000"
    0x01087fd4 "30b000ff 00008021"
    }
    
    array set desc_11.0n.H1 {
    0x005d2978 "noencryption"
    0x00655e2c "cci1"
    0x00655e50 "cci2"
    0x01087fd4 "cci3"
    }
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Somewhere IN, USA
    Posts
    108
    THANK YOU, ScanMan! That was the issue. I was so close...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •