Thread: Looking for an 11.0n Upgrade Guide

Looking for an 11.0n Upgrade Guide

I tried upgrading my already hacked S3 several weeks ago, and it ended up a disaster. I followed an old guide for going to 11.0m and ended up in rolling bootloops. (Sounds like a great name for a cereal, doesn't it?) I tried frixing it, thanks to some really helpful folks on the forum, but was never able to recover.

I then decided to restore a WinMFS backup of that last version and try again. Except that version wouldn't restore to the HD. A test restore to a different, smaller drive did work. So at the same time I tried the upgrade my old 1TB drive went south as well. I've now installed a new WD 2TB drive and restored the old version. After a few fits, starts, and a green screen I'm back to the beginning. The 11.0n upgrade is sitting in /SwSystem ready for a manual install.

I (and, I'm sure, others in the forum) would appreciate a step-by-step guide for doing this. Something that spells out what's needed for an already hacked unit with a Gen06 replacement kernel and FTP access. I've been without the TiVo for several weeks and would rather not go through that process again.

Any help on this would be appreciated, and thanks!

Anyone...please?