Thread: Need mfs-utils for HD

Need mfs-utils for HD

Trying to get extraction working on one of my HD's. As I understand it, HD/HDXL need "an updated version of MFS tools"... mfs-utils.64.tar.bz2. I found the s1 and s2 versions on sourceforge, but not HD, and my searches on the forum have found only dead links. Does anyone have that can re-post this set?

Hmm... I can't find a built copy lying around either.

The source tree is still there, so I suppose it has to be possible to recompile for 64 bit from there...
    Last edited by swinokur; 11-04-2016 at 10:25 PM. Reason: fixed sourceforge link to point to "Head"

Here's a really quick build that I did from the CVS source I linked to above.

I tried a couple of commands on my S3 so I know they *run*, but don't have a TivoHD to try them on right this moment... YMMV...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fired up the previously failing extraction I was trying, and it seems to now be working. Remote, at the moment, so I can't verify the resulting file yet, but I'd expect it's fine.

Thank you very much, swinokur.

Can anyone verify this version working?

Yeah, it worked just fine for me.

How did you apply these files to the latest mfs_ftp release? Wasn't there more patches required?

All of the patches have been applied to the tarball, including some extra stuff like TS support. Should be able to untar, run the script, and go.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    All of the patches have been applied to the tarball, including some extra stuff like TS support. Should be able to untar, run the script, and go.
    I was able to use your tar with great success!! Thank you for that!!!

The attachment in post 3 can be extracted in my tivo-bin to replace Alphawolf's tools? They are working so far, but I never tried any mfsutils programs.