Thread: Boot loop help

Boot loop help

I've got a TiVo HD (hacked, with 2GB internal drive) running 11.0n.H1-01-2-652.

Several of the cannels I watch started breaking up from time to time. I decided to run a disk check. After going through a thorough SMART check the drive turned out okay. So next I tried a Kickstart 58. After it rebooted there was a message that a service update was being applied. Later I checked back and it was in a boot loop.

I then tried a Kickstart 57. I then got the green screen 'serious issue' error, but it still boot loops.

Any suggestions as to what I do next? I have an identically-hacked unit; I suppose I could back up the system on that unit and restore it to the sick unit if need be.

Thanks!

Anyone? ??

I have no specific advice, but some general comments. First, the SMART check is not reliable for this purpose. Second, if you copy from your other box, you'll have to do a Clear and Delete Everything to clear "Error 52". I think at this point I would replace the drive. You could try copying it from the failing unit, but that may just cause problems down the road.
    Steve

+1 to the clear and delete everything.

I figured I'd have to do a C&DE if I did that...oh well. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Sbmocp View Post
    I figured I'd have to do a C&DE if I did that...oh well. Thanks for the input!
    As a follow-up, I backed up and restored the image from the second TiVo to the first, then did a C&DE. I also had to call TWC to re-pair the CableCard and TiVo. The odd thing is that the CC in the second (donor-image) TiVo had to also be re-paired as it wasn't getting all it's channels. Now we're back to normal again. Thanks to everyone for your input!