Thread: once i had the "bash" prompt but,HELP

Question once i had the "bash" prompt but,HELP

wha happened? i was floundering around trying to teach myself how to send the 900's file to the tivo using terra term and i must have started ACTUALLY DOING it , so i hit abort and now i gopt no bash prompt? i shouldna done that it seems , could anyone steer me in the right direction? thanks
    i have searhed the subject and it seems i have to take the drives out and repair them in computer? is that the only way? i almost unplugged the sony but suddenly it occurred to me that it might not start back up , anyone? thank you

ok , for some reason its back!?!?!
    Last edited by twistie; 01-21-2002 at 11:54 AM.
    sex , OR drugs , ORR rock n roll,,

Just restart your tivo

thanks for replying , thw bash came back by itself , i guess i should learn more about it before diving in , but the only way i learn anything IS by diving in ,,, for example , i THINK that the process for tranfering the 900's script is to go into the /bin in the terra term , and then simply send it there by pulling down the menu using the zmodem option , and selecting the file , right? or is there a command you have to run at the bash? thenks for you r help T_RJ .

if you use zmodem to transfer files to the appropriate directory, remember to "chmod +x" them to mke them executable.

thanks for you answer poppagene , i have been trying to read my way to enlightenment , but its great to have a little company along the way!! thanks again
    although i thought of a question trhat you can probably answer , to send a file to a directory in tivo i go from the bash to , say , the /bin directory and then just send the file via terra term ., ( i know theres a command on the bash side as well ) , but what i.m not sure of is wether you just go to the directory where you want the file to go?
    Last edited by twistie; 01-22-2002 at 10:52 AM.

Once you 'cd' intot he directory you want the file to be in on the dtivo, you type:

rz

this stands for receive zmodem.

Then in teraterm, do a zmodem send, then select the file, then it will transfer.

If you want to send a file from the dtivo to your pc, then type:

sz <filename>

then in teraterm do a zmodem receive.

i thanks you sir!